Location: Fair Oaks, VA
Manage all aspects of a single property or portfolio of commercial, industrial or retail properties. Oversees all operations, financial activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responds to tenant needs, ensuring that administrative and building technical staff resolves problems promptly. Ensures that services are provided in compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and contractual obligations and standards.
• Ensures periodic regular property inspection. Recommends and/or approves alterations, maintenance and reconditioning as necessary. Contracts for and supervises vendor services as required.
• Coordinates tenant move-ins and move-outs, and "walk-through" spaces with tenants and tenant improvement department.
• Acts as primary contact with property owners to ensure that objectives as being met. Prepares and delivers timely, accurate and complete reports.
• Develops and controls annual budgets for operating and capital expenses. Forecasts management plans and prepares monthly performance, explaining variances.
• Collects rent and pays expenses in compliance with lease terms. Prepares all required legal notices. Recommends and coordinates legal action as necessary.
• Reviews and reconciles tenant rent and Common Area Maintenance (CAM) recovery charges.
• Supports all property sales by overseeing due diligence process and monitoring the activity of outside brokers.
• Develops business relationships through membership and participation in professional, industry/trade and civic organizations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BA/BS and 1+ years of commercial property management experience preferred.
• 3+ years of commercial property management experience may be substituted in lieu of BA/BS degree.
• CPM or RPA professional designation or candidacy preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
• Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
• Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
• Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite
• Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Disclaimer: Colliers International l Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).