Assists in the co-ordination and development of internal and/or external communication materials (newsletters, press releases, internet/intranet pages, annual and interim financial reports) and events, broadening knowledge and further developing skills. Acts as a liaison to external communications service providers. May assist in providing communication consultation to internal departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop and implement communication plans, including content and media strategies for internal and/or external communications in line with current best practices and aligned with Colliers brand.
· Creates press releases for manager review and web postings.
· Coordinates advertising projects and material postings with outside vendors.
· Coordinates the development and production of marketing proposals and collateral materials.
· Tracks and monitors media coverage and coordinates advertising activities and material postings with outside vendors.
· Promotes Colliers l VA through events and editorial venues; may include coordinating sponsorships and assisting in event planning.
· Assists with projects as needed, including presentation decks, yearly budgeting, invoice processing and budget tracking.
· Supports communications needs of corporate operations and/or designated business groups and departments. Engages in the development and execution of communications programs. Coordinates a variety of specialized communication responsibilities.
· Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or a related discipline from 4-year college or university, and a minimum of 2-4 years of related experience and/or training. Real estate experience is a plus, but not required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to coworkers and supervisor.
Disclaimer: Colliers International l Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).