Building Maintenance Engineer
We are seeking a thorough Building Maintenance Engineer to undertake the responsibility of maintaining the condition of a 400,000-square-foot historic renovation, including office, retail space and community area.
A Building Maintenance Engineer is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly, with a minimum of three years of maintenance experience; a solid understanding of commercial buildings' mechanical systems, general plumbing, and general electrical knowledge. Scope includes:
• Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems
• Service a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic devices
• Assist with the installation and modification of building equipment and systems
• Replace and repair building finishes such as ceiling tiles, door hardware, wallpaper, and can paint walls, piping, floors and equipment
• Troubleshoot, evaluate, and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities
• Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility maintenance
• Respond immediately to emergency situations and tenant service requests as assigned.
• Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe conditions, preventative maintenance, etc.
• Maintain and operate fire and life safety systems such as; Fire alarm systems, fire pumps, and related fire protection system equipment as assigned
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
• Ability to use technology such as; smartphones, tablets, computers, web-based applications, building automation systems, etc.
•Sense of Urgency
A solid work history, professional appearance, superb customer service skills, and a clean driving record are also required. This position may involve a rotation of on-call/after-hours emergency responsibilities. The position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs independently, and work outdoors in all weather conditions. Additionally candidates must be comfortable working on handheld phone device and responding to work requests via email.
The goal is to maintain the buildings and common areas in the best possible condition.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
- Must be comfortable with technology, such as a smartphone or tablet to utilize work order systems.
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
Inland Companies and Colliers | Wisconsin offers competitive salary and benefits.
Inland Companies and Colliers | Wisconsin is the largest full-service real estate firm in Wisconsin with expertise in Commercial Real Estate Brokerage, Property Management, Investment Services, Real Estate Development, and Construction.
Our company is built on the virtue of INTEGRITY and is based on three principles.
- We desire to be challenged, love the pursuit and are determined to win.
- We commit to being our best.
- We are enterprising. We imagine, create and innovate.
- We put others first – our team mates and our clients.
- We value EQ over IQ.
- We operate on trust, not fear.
- We love what we do and we love doing it together.
- We believe the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- We can do anything together. We are family.
Since 1971 our approach to business has been simple - help identify the needs of our customers and offer solutions that work. We’re committed to providing superior real estate services that exceed our customer’s expectations and build relationships that stand the test of time.
Inland Companies and Colliers | Wisconsin provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colliers | WisconsinMilwaukee, WI
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.