About the Role
The Customer Service Representative II position has continuous customer contact which includes new business and maintaining customer relationships. He/she assists with teller related transactions and performs entry level account maintenance. Teller responsibilities include accurately and efficiently processing and recording transactions for bank customers including cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, and internal transfers. Opens and closes accounts, issues certificates of deposits, orders bank debit cards. Respond to customer questions regarding account information, changes or any other requests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet customers with a smile and friendly demeanor
- Complies with all bank policies, applicable laws and regulations
- Provides superior customer service while promoting bank products and services
- Processes deposits, loan payments and safe deposit box rental payments
- Examines checks for endorsement and negotiability
- Processes change orders
- Prepares cashiers checks
- Processes & settles cash advances
- Processes foreign items
- Scans and balances runs for all work processed during the day per GBCI time frames
- Maintains approved cash drawer limits and balances their drawer out at the end of their shift
- Promotes the High Performance Growth (Haberfeld) Checking accounts, Tell-A-Friend program, to include assisting with Branch promotions and Big Day promotions.
- Keeps up to date with the latest security alerts, in order to protect the bank from losses
- Assists with dual control in TCR balancing, vault balancing, mail deposits, day drop, and night drop processing.
- Balances ATM Weekly under dual control
- Balances Coin machine
- Redeems US Savings Bonds
- Sells prepaid Gift/Travel cards
- Maintains inventory logs for prepaid cards and assists with auditing them monthly
- Assists with incoming/outgoing shipments
- Follows opening/closing checklist
- Responds to telephone inquiries from customers
- Completes monthly teller certification under dual control
- Orders and submits foreign currency for customers
- Opens and Closes: Checking, Savings, CDs, IRAs, HSAs and Debit cards
- Resets Online Banking users
- Resolve issues and answer questions with customer accounts
- Provide basic problem solving solutions
- Processes wire transfers, check orders, address & telephone changes
- Assists customers with temporary debit card increases, pin changes/resets, travel notification, fraud, compromised cards, disputes, and Instant Issue debit cards
- Support the department by answering phones, distributing mail, scanning documents, and greeting/directing customers.
- Performs Notary Functions
- Completes ongoing required regulatory training and BVS Training Courses within the assigned time frame
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High school education or equivalent required
- Minimum of one year Teller experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITY:
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize job responsibilities
- Must understand and support the Banks philosophy regarding customer service
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be detail orientated
- Needs to work accurately and efficiently
- Must have a good working knowledge of PC usage and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to maintain high volume of quality work, while insuring highest confidentiality
WORK ENVIRONMENT:Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW:At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $12 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.#ZR