Java Software Developer
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Position Purpose :
As a member of CollegeSource, Inc. (CSI), a successful Software Developer will design, maintain, test and implement CSI applications, internal and external. As well as provide tier 2 technical support to CSI clients.
Essential Functions :
Essential functions are the basic job duties that must be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation. In determining essential functions, the company has considered the time needed to perform a particular duty and the consequences of failing to require an employee to perform a particular duty.
- Develop new product features, enhancements of existing features, and bug fixes for established applications.
- Work with product development leads and functional experts to interpret feature requests and implement solutions.
- Analyze, code, test and document new product features and enhancements.
- Support production environment with patches, enhancements, and updates.
- Prepare technical documentation for staff and customer use.
- Communicate plans for future development with the development team.
- Work with clients to provide technical support for installation, configuration, and issue resolution for CSI products.
- Develop and enhance product installation, configuration, and customization procedures.
- Keep up-to-date on knowledge of current trends and issues within information technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competencies/Traits Required to Perform the Job:
- Must be able to be seated, working on a computer more than 90% of the time
- Must be able to communicate via phone/email/video conference and internal chat
- Superior communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with product developers, technical staff, functional experts, and customers
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Some pre-arranged travel might be necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar major and/or related experience
- 0-3 years’ experience writing production quality software in a professional environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in Java programming and various Java Frameworks
- Demonstrated proficiency in object-oriented programming techniques
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical documentation
- Experience writing and understanding standard SQL
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience using Relational Database Management Systems (PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server).
- Proficiency with SQL, JDBC, Hibernate (HQL) and related programming tools
- Proficiency with Front-end tools such as jQuery, Bootstrap, Apache FreeMarker, Handlebars JS
- Programming with Spring framework and MVC architecture
- Eclipse, JUnit, Maven/Ivy, Ant, Git/Version Control, and related tools
- Experience using Linux and shell scripting
- Experience programming and testing in multiple environments and browser versions
- Various web application servers (Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Oracle OAS)
- Experience using the AWS Console for RDS, EC2, S3, etc.
CollegeSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, flexible schedules, a casual work environment, 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability, and an exciting culture with employees who love to work with Higher Education. Remote work will be considered, but will require in-person visits to the Cincinnati, OH office periodically
CollegeSource, Inc. is a growing technology company that creates solutions for higher education with roots going back to 1971. More than 2,000 colleges and universities and millions of users worldwide utilize CollegeSource products for degree audit, degree planning, and transfer articulation.
We are a small, family-oriented company that strives to foster an environment of integrity, trust, confidence, and long-term relationships while also inspiring individual excellence and development.
We offer exceptional benefits and incentives that include:
Competitive salaries, 401(k), Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Company paid Life Insurance, Long-Term, and Short-Term Disability
\tFlexible schedules to help employees balance work and life responsibilities
A casual work environment that welcomes jeans and tennis shoes
\tDevelopmental opportunities to expand your knowledge base
Visit our website to learn more about us: www.collegesource.comCompany Description
CollegeSource, Inc. is a growing technology company that creates solutions for higher education with roots going back to 1971. More than 2,000 colleges and universities and millions of users worldwide utilize CollegeSource products for degree audit, degree planning, and transfer articulation.\r\n\r\nWe are a small, family-oriented company that strives to foster an environment of integrity, trust, confidence, and long-term relationships while also inspiring individual excellence and development.\r\n\r\nWe offer exceptional benefits and incentives that include:\r\n Competitive salaries, 401(k), Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance\r\n Company paid Life Insurance, Long-Term, and Short-Term Disability\r\n\tFlexible schedules to help employees balance work and life responsibilities\r\n A casual work environment that welcomes jeans and tennis shoes\r\n\tDevelopmental opportunities to expand your knowledge base\r\n\r\nVisit our website to learn more about us: www.collegesource.com
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.