FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
POSITION TYPE:Part-Time, Non-Benefited
DEPARTMENT: Tutoring Services
RESPONSIBLE TO: Supervisor, CTE Programs - Tutoring Services
ESTIMATED CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Responsible for providing tutorial instruction for students enrolled in CTE programs, enhancing the understanding and quality level of specific program assignments, and assisting with general study skills and test taking strategies. Specific assistance will be coordinated closely with program instructors and may be embedded in one or more courses or the tutorial labs. Tutors will also be responsible for developing and facilitating customized workshops related to their specific programs to reinforce comprehension.
Application Instructions: In addition to providing a resume, please include a cover letter in which you clearly specify why you are qualified for the position. Applications received without a resume and cover letter will not be considered
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Provide educational assistance in the specific CTE program to students, which includes improving understanding and comprehension of subject matter content.
- Assist in preparation of workshops and materials to enhance program/course assignments.
- Assist in tracking student's performance.
- Participate in scheduled training sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, CTE Programs and Director, Tutoring Services.
- Recommendation from CTE Program Instructor(s)
- Must have completed a course in the subject matter with at least a "B" (unless waived by Program Instructor(s)
- Proficient in computer usage and ability to use word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Team player within the department as well as with other departments.
- Communicate effectively in a diverse, multi-cultural community environment.
- Understand the community college philosophy of education.
- Certificate of completion or 30 college hours preferred (unless waived by Program Instructor(s).
- Recent tutoring experience preferred.
- Prior work experience in a community college environment preferred.
Salary: $10.00 per hour