DEPARTMENT:Enrollment & Student Services/Financial Aid
POSITION TYPE:Full-Time, Benefit-Eligible
RESPONSIBLE TO: Assistant Director, Financial Aid Operations
ESTIMATED CLOSING DATE: November 22, 2019
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Financial Aid Operations, the Officer works closely with the Financial Aid Director and Assistant Directors as well as a wide variety of other Enrollment & Student Services staff to deliver a full range of financial aid services and counseling to CWI's students and their families. The Financial Aid Officer will be an experienced customer service professional who participates in all aspects of financial aid administration, counseling, and support. The Officer will provide support to CWI's One Stop Student Services locations, students, families, and the CWI community.
The Officer is responsible for the daily support services delivered either centrally, or through a CWI One Stop Student Services location and provides expert guidance to other CWI staff, students, and their families. The Officer will provide strong leadership and excellent customer service to the CWI community and will have responsibilities including, but not limited to: needs analysis, verification, packaging financial aid funds from federal, institutional, state, and other sources, counseling/advising students, running reports, applying rules/regulations, public speaking, and fostering a culture of quality and excellence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Work closely with other student services and enrollment management staff to provide complete and accurate financial aid information and excellent service to students.
- Provide support to students, parents, or college personnel regarding detailed financial aid issues above and beyond routine information and processes.
- Keep abreast of federal and state regulations related to financial aid and monitor compliance with those requirements.
- Review and authorize financial aid awards.
- Maintains up-to-date, expert-level knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, regulations, rules, statutes and laws. Assists the CWI community in ongoing compliance efforts.
- Assist students, parents, and other interested parties regarding the types of financial aid programs available, program requirements and responsibilities, and application procedures.
- Provides expert guidance to other CWI staff, students, and their families.
- Provides strong leadership and excellent customer service to the CWI community including, but not limited to: need analysis, verification, packaging financial aid funds from federal, institutional, state, and other sources, counseling/advising students, running reports, applying rules/regulations, public speaking, and fostering a culture of quality and excellence.
- This position requires evening and weekend hours.
- This position is not required to work remotely during non-working hours.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, or 3-4 years direct experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in a college/university financial aid office or similar setting.
- Strong cross-cultural interpersonal and writing skills, including public speaking and ability to represent the college in a positive way to diverse populations.
- Experience working in a community college setting, serving a diverse, non-traditional student population, preferred.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague ERP or other major ERP systems, preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Affordable health insurance coverage - medical, dental, and vision
- Opportunity for flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Generous retirement plan includes:
- Participation in Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI) defined benefit plan
- Mandatory employee contribution of 7.16% of earnings
- Employer contribution of 11.94% of earnings
- Employer covered life and disability insurance
- Additional employee, spouse, and dependent life insurance available for purchase
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- CWI tuition reduction for employees, spouse, and dependents (restrictions apply)
- Reciprocal agreements with other Idaho colleges and Universities (restrictions apply)
- Vacation accrues based on length of service with CWI
- Sick Leave accrued at a rate of 8 hours per month
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Employee discount programs from many local businesses
Salary: $15.52 - $18.62 per hour