Enrollment Marketing Manager
College of Biblical Studies-Houston Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
• Manages the scheduling and implementation of marketing strategies and plans to achieve enrollment goals and objectives, including email communication flows, a social media calendar and web updates.
• Writes content for enrollment communication flows, social media posts, recruiting emails, etc.
• Provides creative content, design, and layout for social media posts, eblasts, etc.
• Tracks results and return-on-investment from all enrollment marketing efforts, and adjusts strategy based on results.
• Manages the communication flow to support communications with prospective students (using a CRM system and/or Constant Contact) and trains users as needed.
• Ensures compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Acts (FERPA) and other regulatory financial management security and compliance standards as it relates to the assigned areas of responsibility.
• Participates with Enrollment and Student Success team to develop the most effective recruiting communication processes.
• Develops promotional concepts and writes communications to attract prospective students, targeted by audience, time of year, etc. Ideally, also can provide basic design/formatting and basic video editing.
• Develops and consistently updates attractive, relevant and brand-sensitive emails for the enrollment funnel communication flow.
• Maintains key email/mail lists relevant to enrollment marketing; actively pursues relevant, affordable list options for targeted populations.
• Assists in negotiating, initiating, and assessing advertising venues and agencies for lead generation.
• Coordinates radio interviews or other promotional opportunities directly related to enrollment, in collaboration with Corporate Communications.
• Consults with Academics and Distance Education leadership to market any new “product offerings” to attract/retain students.
• Interfaces with the Webteam to continually assess CBS website in order to meet demands of prospective student marketplace.
• Proactively promotes CBS to key referral sources and/or prospective student pools, including pastors/churches, parachurch organizations, and alumni.
• Coordinates with Executive Director of Public Relations, the college’s brand manager, to ensure all communications are in alignment with mission, brand standards, and key messages.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two or more years of relevant marketing/ communications experience – or the equivalent.
• Adept at social media marketing; social media influencer.
• Be a committed Christian, active in a local church.
• Agree with the doctrinal position of the college and be able to sign the core doctrine statements (first 8 points) without reservation.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, English, communications, or related field from an accredited institution of higher education and two or more years of experience at a Christian school, college or nonprofit; enrollment marketing experience ideal.
• Customer relationship management (CRM) understanding/experience.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish (speak, read and write.
Equipment/Skills/Knowledge Need to Perform Job
• Ability to:
o Respond to inquiries from the education and CBS prospect student community.
o Write reports, articles, correspondence, and creative marketing materials.
o Speak effectively before groups of students or employees of the college.
o Present information clearly and accurately to management and groups.
o Handle basic math reasoning and interpret data presented in charts and graphs.
o Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
o Understand, condense and/or analyze information furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as electronic communications such as email, calendars.
• Experience in and/or ability to learn various software and systems required by the college or service providers, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, email marketing, student information system and CRM.
• Ability to handle basic video editing for social media posts and basic web updates would be a plus.
• Energetic, creative thinker, and able to work in fast-paced environment.
• Team player.
These demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
• Employee must be able to work in close and distance vision, judge spatial relationships, color and three-dimensions.
• Employee must talk and listen via face-to-face contact, online video and phone.
• Employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Working Conditions/Environment (i.e., necessary travel, unusual hours, etc.):
• Typical office environment
• Local and/or regional travel is required to CBS related events.
Security Sensitive: Yes
Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, this job description does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of CBS.
Believing that God values and calls men and women from every language, people and nation into His kingdom, CBS is committed to cultivating and maintaining an ethnically diverse educational and work environment that motivates and retains God’s chosen individuals. CBS does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national or ethnic origin, veteran, marital status, or physical or mental disability in the administration of its employment policies except as such conditions may constitute bona fide occupational or assignment limitation.
College of Biblical Studies-HoustonWhy Work Here?
Great team environment with the opportunity to contribute to the life impact of our students.
The College of Biblical Studies (CBS) is a nationally and regionally accredited Bible college founded in 1976 that has provided biblically based education to more than 26,000 students in the past 44 years. The college exists to glorify God by educating and equipping multi-ethnic Christian leaders to impact the world for Christ, and our students are diverse in age, ethnicity, gender and cultural perspectives. CBS offers associates and bachelor’s degrees, with a curriculum based on a biblical worldview, founded on scriptural truth, and focused on ministry preparation and life transformation. Our students learn and collaborate with fellow students from a variety of ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Alumni from CBS serve across the country and around the globe as pastors, teachers, nonprofit leaders, police officers, counselors and many other professions, making a positive difference in their families, churches and communities.
7000 Regency Square Blvd. HoustonHouston, TX