Data & Event Service Manager
College Success Foundation Bellevue, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
SUMMARY: The Data & Event Service Manager is responsible for the College Success Foundation (CSF) fundraising database and Costco event administration. This position will work with the Director of Development and the Development Team to maximize efficiencies, achieve annual targets, and improve data management, reporting /analytics, online fundraising, finance and policy/procedural needs of annual operations.
This position will lead and manage the relationship between CSF and Costco (a key corporate partner), delivering excellent customer service and professional relationship management to internal and external stakeholders for both CSF and Costco. The Manager will take the lead with Costco relationships and event managers to successfully execute complex fundraising including but not limited to; the annual Costco Scholarship Breakfast.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Fundraising database system:
- Oversee the development department's fundraising database.
- Provide direct supervision of and training for Development Coordinator position.
- Support all fundraising efforts of the development department including: pull queries of donors for various targeted audiences, create donor listings for annual reports, prepare reporting to leadership regarding revenue and projections, and assist with annual giving efforts and events.
- Develop and implement enhancements and improvements for data collection and reporting to promote an increase in fundraising outcomes.
- Maintain knowledge of fundraising technology and identify new potential uses.
- Manage and oversee processes and data structure for records, codes, tables, queries, exports and report parameters, adding, archiving and deleting as needed. Conduct and provide supervision for global changes and/or data imports to maintain data integrity.
- Administer in conjunction with IT, the maintenance of the fundraising database including upgrades, special projects, or performance issues.
- Ensure the accuracy, continuity and security of data. Utilize queries, exports and imports to provide suggestions for data clean up.
- Help inform security decisions and ensure that users have appropriate training related to their level of Customer Relationship Management access.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Liaise with Costco management to achieve fundraising and client relationship goals.
- Manage all aspects of CSF's responsibilities to produce the annual Costco Scholarship Breakfast and related Costco Events.
- Represent CSF to corporate sponsors and donors.
- In collaboration with event partners, develop an event(s) planning calendar and meet defined deadlines.
- Provide event operations support and coordination for the Costco Supplier Day, Scholarship Fund Breakfast, and related events, including mailing lists, event registration and seating.
- Maintain event website pages, e-communications and direct mail communications.
- Administer all aspects of event donations, including acknowledgements.
- Produce event reports as requested to include revenues and pledges and track invoices for timely payment.
- Track fair market value of goods & services received by donors and provide tax receipts to donors.
- Track all event-related expenses as incurred by Costco and as incurred by CSF.
- Work with CSF cross-functional teams to include Development, IT and Finance to meet all requirements and expectations of the
- Costco Scholarship Breakfast and related events planning committee(s).
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to all constituents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly build and manage relationships between team members, leadership, consultants and other stakeholders.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Fiscally responsible.
- Microsoft Office365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint and Outlook). Including but not limited to; Blackbaud Raiser's Edge, Salesforce, MailChimp, CVENT and Social Tables.
- Ability to look at data and find valuable and actionable information for frontline fundraisers in order to enrich prospect pool and increase revenue.
- Experience in managing a large volume of data, specifically event registrations and financial record-keeping and reconciliation.
- Utilize proactive approaches to problem-solving with decision-making capability.
- Be a "self-starter", able to work independently while observing and complying with all standards of the supervision personnel and relating programs and services of the employer.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- An established commitment to work collaboratively and harmoniously with CSF staff, colleagues and stakeholders.
- A commitment to diversity and equal opportunity.
- Attend occasional evening and weekend events.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of three years of relevant professional experience including managing fundraising database preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Minimum of three years of management/supervising employees and volunteers preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
During a pandemic, employees must be able to work remotely and use collaborative software in order to communicate with others and attend virtual meetings. Employees must be able to handle stress that is involved in meeting strenuous customer deadlines, working in high volume areas and be flexible and able to interact with employees and students of all levels.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
The position may change based upon needs of the program and/or organizational needs and available funding. In compliance with federal and state regulations, College Success Foundation maintains a drug free environment and all successful applicants must pass a drug screen prior to hire. Employees of College Success Foundation and its subsidiaries must be able to successfully work in and promote a multicultural and diverse work environment.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro