College Possible Leadership Team Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
College Possible Seattle, WA
About College Possible
College Possible is a growing nonprofit coaching students from low-income backgrounds to and through college to break the cycle of poverty and empower the next generation of leaders. Our model has earned national recognition: the inaugural Evergreen National Education Award recognized our leadership in increasing access to and success in college for students from low-income backgrounds. It also earns top-of-field results: a Harvard study found that the program more than doubles a student's chance of enrolling in a four-year college, and our students are four times more likely to become college graduates than their low-income peers. College Possible has a budget of $25 million, more than 140 full-time employees and more than 270 AmeriCorps and VISTA service members. During the 2020-21 school year, we will reach an estimated 20,000 students in 49 states, at more than 90 partner high schools and at nearly 600 colleges.
College Possible is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks to build a diverse workforce to create impact in partnership with the communities we serve. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants. For each of its positions, College Possible is mindful about what best serves our students, and seeks to hire staff with relevant experience, skills and aptitude, and a commitment to the power of education. To learn more, Diversity and Inclusion Plan.
Headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota, College Possible also operates in Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; Omaha, NE; Portland, OR; and Seattle, WA; and has Catalyze partnerships in Minnesota, Iowa and Ohio.
To learn more, visit CollegePossible.org.
Your Role as Development Director:
The Development Director is responsible for managing, coordinating and achieving revenue goals to support organizational priorities. This position works closely with the Executive Director and the Advisory Board to lead, support and achieve all fundraising activities through building relationships with corporations, foundations, individuals, organizations and government. In collaboration with the Executive Director, this position will lead in the development and implementation of the site's fundraising plan including grants, events, and all solicitations as well as the design and implementation of the site's marketing and communications plan.
- Prospecting and Cultivation: Oversee prospecting and donor research for new donations. Strategize and work with the Executive Director to implement cultivation techniques to inspire prospective supporters to become donors and increase the number of donors to the annual operating fund.
- Relationship Management and Stewardship: Build on existing relationships and improve donor retention through a meaningful stewardship strategy. Manage portfolio of leadership and major donors. Leverage Executive Director and board members in these efforts.
- Strategic Planning and Analysis: Help build the annual fundraising and communications plans and oversee the implementation of both plans. Manage progress toward funding goals with the use of fundraising database.
- Special Events: Help ensure success and growth of College Possible Washington's existing and new fundraising events.
- Develop, write and submit grant proposals and reports for major funders: Support achievement of revenue goals through superb stewardship, proposals and reports to local corporations, foundations, organizations and government.
- Supervise Development team: Effectively coach and supervise Development Manager to ensure achievement of fundraising goals. Supervise other development or communications positions when created.
- Oversee the Communications, Marketing and Public Relations efforts for College Possible Washington, working with a National Communications Team to produce and distribute print and electronic communications, secure media exposure and raise the profile of the site.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Master's degree and/or CFRE helpful;
Related Work Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years work experience, with a minimum of five years of experience in fundraising;
- A minimum two years of supervisory experience;
- Previous experience organizing events preferred;
- Strong computer skills, including demonstrated proficiency in: Microsoft Word, Excel and donor database software;
- Raiser's Edge experience preferred.
Other Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
- Strong management abilities with significant experience managing people and programs;
- Vision and demonstrated ability to develop, promote and deliver positive results;
- Significant commitment to the mission of helping low-income students earn admission to college and persist toward degree completion;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills;
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously;
- Entrepreneurial skills and spirit, with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven record of facilitating collaboration and cooperation with organizations and the community;
- Attention to detail, including proofreading and project follow-through;
- Comfort with data collection, analysis, and a strong focus on results;
- Must have a commitment diversity, inclusion and/or equity in the workplace.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds when needed
- Office environment with limited travel
- Ability to stand and/or sit for a minimum of 7 hours a day
What We Offer:
In addition to joining a committed, diverse, values-based organization, we offer:
- An opportunity for you to have a tremendous impact both internally and in the broader country
- a competitive salary commensurate with experience
- excellent benefits including complete health, dental, life, short-term and long-term insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Encouraged sustainability through a generous paid time off program
- Personalized professional development and growth opportunities
To Join Our Growing College Possible Team
Please apply at: www.CollegePossible.org/careers Include a resume and cover letter.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro