Seeking highly patient, compassionate, and engaging people to spend quality time with children with special needs
Shifts: Will vary depending on each family's needs; Can be weekdays, evenings, or weekends. Some families will desire a regular ongoing schedule, others will be on-call.
During school year, families most typically need care in the afternoons or early evenings.
- Provide excellent care and support to children with developmental disabilities (e.g. autism spectrum disorder, Down syndrome), in their homes
- Interact and communicate with office staff and parents in a professional manner
- Practice a can-do, results matter attitude in line with the College Nannies + Sitters core values
- Maintain an accurate and updated schedule of availability for on-call assignments
- Engaging in play time and fun home learning activities
- Willingness and ability to accept last minute job assignments- for same day and next day assignments
- Participate in required ongoing training and development activities and events
- Pay close attention to details/follow instructions
- Use technology (mobile app) to maintain an always accurate schedule and enter timesheets
Why Work for College Nannies and Sitters?
Mileage reimbursement for up to 40 miles round trip commute per assignment, at 58 cents per mile
Competitive pay via biweekly direct deposit and opportunities for merit based increases and bonuses
Paid, ongoing professional development and management
Ability to earn overtime, holiday pay, and paid sick time
- Experience related to working with, caring for and/or teaching children (youth groups, camp counselor, after school aid, babysitter, nanny, teacher, classroom aid, or similar)
- Able to provide at least 2 references to verify relevant experience
- Previous experience with special needs a PLUS but not required (We will train)
- Calm, compassionate, patient personality; Able to keep cool under stressful or challenging situations.
- Able to undergo Respite Care basic training, including getting certified in CPR
- Access to reliable vehicle or other means of transportation to commute to assignments (We will reimburse for mileage!)
- High School diploma or equivalent (College experience a PLUS)
- 18 years of age or older
- Reliable, punctual, patient, kind, and a great communicator
- Able and willing to undergo standard background check
- Eligible to work in the US
- Able to lift 15-30lbs