Now offering a $250 Hiring Bonus!
We’re looking for compassionate people to join a team to provide childcare in families' private homes in Arlington, VA and the surrounding areas. We are recruiting for amazing kid-care pros to care for children aged 6 months to 12 years old. If kids are your passion, let’s talk and get you working in the perfect position. You’ll receive initial and on-going job training, flexible scheduling, and the opportunity to meet new people and develop meaningful relationships.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
Maintaining the Environment - No matter the age of the children being cared for, it’s essential that their environment is safe, clean, and comfortable. That’s why caregivers need to keep the environment safe and age-appropriate activities at-the-ready, clean, and available.
Playing with Children - Playtime is not only fun for children – but it also helps them learn about the world around them, practice social interactions, and develop an array of new skills. So, you must be able to consistently and energetically play with 1 - 3 children in a safe and controlled manner.
Prepare and Clean-Up Meals - Throughout the course of the day, children must be provided with meals and snacks. To accomplish this, you will prepare easy meals and snacks, supervise the children while they eat, and clean up after mealtime.
Promote Personal Hygiene - There’s no getting around it: Infants and toddlers tend to get dirty, fast. Because of this, you will help the children under your care stay clean and encourage good[ personal hygiene habits. Depending on the age of the children under your care, this can also involve changing diapers or helping children use the bathroom.
Oversee Projects and Free Time - Although children should be allowed to play freely and express themselves through art projects and crafts and general playtime, they must be supervised at all times. That’s why you will direct projects, games, and other activities. Engagement is key to making the day great and helping parents be confident in your ability. So you’ll bring your creativity and genuine interest in fostering children's imaginations, physical development and brain each day.
Compensation + Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Flexibility to work around your schedule – opportunities from 8 – 40 hours per week
- Paid training + professional development + supportive managers and co-workers
- You will be able to provide 3 childcare references, at least 2 from childcare work
- You have relatable childcare experience and the desire to work one-on-one with children in their home, putting safety above all else
- You have a reliable vehicle and will take assignments within 8 miles of your home
- You’re already CPR certified or able to be so
- You are available any 4 days per week or weekend for 6-10 hours shifts between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm
Powered by JazzHR
College Nannies and Tutors - NC, OH, PA, & VA