* Job Specific Accountabilities
- Performs the annual health assessment for employees, performs appropriate screening test per protocol, updates medical
history and refers abnormalities to the employee’s private physician for review and necessary care.
- Provides minor first aid and dressing change service for employees.
- Evaluates and treats EE status/post needle stick injuries per protocol.
- Contacts employees for follow up of exposures to potentially infectious agents/ disease and request labs per protocol.
- Performs fit testing.
- Provides brief personal health consultation and examination when requested, and refers employees to EAP, community resources or personal physicians as indicated.
- Under the direction of the Employee Health Director, recognizes and assesses common physical and psychological health care issues of the adult population.
- Evaluates daily lab results ordered by Employee Health and notifies Director of abnormalities.
- Gives immunizations as required per protocol.
- Sets up immunization clinics and health screenings clinic as requested.
- Maintains and updates the department logs.
- Provides full range of reception services and organizes workflow in the Employee Health Department, including: accepting and screening telephone calls, routing calls as appropriate, receiving visitors, and responding to employee requests.
- Demonstrates knowledge of clinical norms for all age groups as applicable to job functions.
- Maintains and keeps confidentiality of employee’s health records and information.
- Maintains current knowledge of new developments in the field of occupation health and infection prevention.
- Participates in hospital performance improvement activities when warranted.
- Maintain organization of Employee Health Services Department schedule. Schedule appointments for the Employee Health nurse such as Workers’ Comp injury follow-up, return to work, post-offer physical, meetings and other appointments.
- Communicates regularly with Human Resources to maintain Employee Health records.
- Types, produces, prepares correspondence, reports and presentations utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and other business software.
- Complies and records quality assurance data and statistics for the Employee Health and Infection Control departments
- Runs, complies and distributes monthly reports of outstanding Hepatitis B and Varicella immunization follow ups to managers and employees. Contacts employees to ensure timely follow-up and compliance.
- Creates, organizes and maintains employee medical files.
- Creates, organizes and maintains inventory of employee health forms and documents.
- Maintains office and medical supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Placing follow-up telephone calls to employees as directed.
- Obtains and files lab, X-ray and work –related illness/injury reports.
- Photocopies, collates, and assembles documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned and contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Current California LVN license
· BLS for healthcare providers required
· One year experience in Employee Health or clinical setting with advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite programs