- Expired: November 29, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description We are seeking full-time Psychiatric RNs to join our team. NEW GRADS WELCOME Both 8 and 12 hour shifts available You will provide direct medical and programmatic nursing care to patients, utilizing the nursing process and participating in patient and family teaching and discharge planning in an in-patient psychiatric setting. Responsibilities include: · Performing assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychologic, and cognitive status.
· Formulating a nursing goal-directed plan of care, which is prioritized and based on patient needs. · Implementing care of patients in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner. Continuously evaluates the effectiveness of care provided.
· Assessing age-specific needs and communicates with patients, in a manner the patient can understand. · Utilizing established policies as a basis for decision-making for clinical issues. · Demonstrating competency in selected psychomotor skills.
· Correctly identifying patient learning needs and implementing age-appropriate measures to meet these. · Functioning as a role model in a clinical specialty, demonstrating competency in clinical judgment, selected technical skills, and appropriate knowledge base. · Performing documentation duties inpatient record which is timely, accurate, and concise.
· Responding to unit needs with flexibility regarding schedules and resolution of staffing conflicts. Qualifications: · Current, valid State of California R.N. license.
· Ability to assess the age-specific needs of patients of all patients, ages 13. · Current CPR certification. · Effective verbal and written communication in English.
· Previous psychiatric/chemical dependency treatment experience preferred. Company Description Established in 1973, College Hospital Cerritos is a free-standing Psychiatric Hospital accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed by the California Department of Health Services with nine community based outpatient programs throughout Los Angeles and Orange Counties. College Hospital provides a full range of psychiatric services for patients of most ages and prides itself on being the leading provider of Partial Hospitalization Programs.
By providing a caring and comfortable environment, College Hospital Cerritos strives and distinguishes itself in its Mission and Vision. Mission It is the mission of College Hospital to provide a continuum of superior behavioral healthcare services in a cost-efficient manner, to meet the needs of our patients, community, professional staff, and payors throughout Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Vision College Hospital Cerritos will be the leading provider for clients of most ages, and be the center of excellence for crisis stabilization in Los Angeles and Orange Counties.
Please visit www.chc.la for more information.
AddressWest Covina, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at College Hospital