Psychiatric hospital in Orange County is looking to hire Registered Nurses - RN (12 hour shifts)
******PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT https://www.chc.la/index.php?q=cosCareer AND FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AND SUBMIT APPLICATION TO CHCM-HR@CHCM.US******
Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of California. Ability to assess the age specific needs of the patients per unit population. BCLS required. Management Assaultive Behavior (MAB) is required within 90 days of hire.
Occasional sitting for long periods of time. Frequent walking, standing, bending and reaching. Occasional lifting with assistance up to 250 pounds. Frequent pulling and pushing up to 100 pounds. Corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Finger dexterity. Constant exposure to stressful situation. Constant patient contact.
Frequent exposure to noise. Occasional exposure to dirt, dust, smoke and fumes. Occasional exposure to cold, heat, chemicals and general cleaning chemicals. Rare exposure to bloodborne pathogens. Shift hours may vary dependent upon department needs to include weekends and holidays.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
* General Staff Accountability
· Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Hospital.
· Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
· Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
· Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
· Maintains required certification/license in a timely fashion.
· Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
· Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
· Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately writing in and out.
· Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
· Adheres to the Dress Code.
· Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
· Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
· Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
* Job Specific Accountability
· Demonstrates sound knowledge base and actions in the care and decision making for severely mentally ill patients.
· Performs assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychological and cognitive status.
· Formulates a goal directed plan of care which is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes.
· Educates patient on learning needs according to care plans.
· Performs documentation duties on unit and in patient record which are timely, accurate and concise.
· Demonstrates an awareness of self-responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
· Remains flexible in responding to unit needs regarding schedules and resolution of staffing.
· Demonstrates appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the direction and coordination of the work of nursing team members, patient care and unit activities.
· Demonstrates effective communication methods and skills, using lines of authority appropriately and keeps self informed of content of staff meetings, new policies and other significant information.
· Demonstrates awareness of and sensitivity to patient rights, as identified within the institution and by the California Department of Mental Health.
· Performs efficiently in emergency patient situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons and documenting events.
· Practices effective problems identification and resolution skills and report identified issues to Charge RN.
· Assesses age specific needs and communicates with patients on assigned units in language that patient can understand according to their age.
· Continuously recognizes and utilizes opportunities for teaching LVN/LPT & MHW staff relative to their work with patients on assigned units.
· Holds staff accountable for safely monitoring patients and reporting any unsafe occurrences.
· Effectively lead patient groups as assigned, utilizing accepted group therapy techniques.
· Escorts patients to off-site appointments/court hearings adhering to 1:1 guidelines.
· As the coordinator of care, the registered nurse shall be responsible for the observation and direction of patient lifts and mobilization, and shall participate as needed in patient handling in accordance with the nurse’s job description and professional judgment.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
* Customer Service
· Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
We provide a continuum of superior psychiatric health care services in a cost-effective manner to meet the needs of our patients, community, professional staff and payors.
We have been doing so since 1987.
Our medical and surgical specialty services complement the tertiary care services of the large medical centers in Orange County.