Psychiatric hospital in Orange County is looking to hire Per Diem Therapists.
******PLEASE VISIT CHC.LA/COSCAREER TO ACCESS OUR APPLICATION AND TURN IN COMPLETED FORM TO CHCM-HR@CHCM.US. THANK YOU!!**********
POSITION TITLE: THERAPIST
DEPARTMENT: OUTPATIENT PSYCHIATRIC SERVICES
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Develops therapeutic relationships with assigned patients. Responsible for client satisfaction with treatment program.
· Must be a licensed MFT, Social Worker, Professional Clinical Counselor or Psychologist or have an intern number registered with the Board of Behavioral Services or a Psych. Assistant number registered with the Board of Psychology.
· Prefer 2 years of clinical experience working with seriously mentally ill and/or developmentally disabled and/or substance abuse clients.
· Effective written and verbal communication in English.
· Knowledge and understanding of psychiatric diagnosis, terminology, and medical record charting basics.
· Good group facilitation skills and experience.
· Must complete CPR and MAB requirements within 90 days of hire.
Frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching. Corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Finger dexterity. Frequent exposure to stressful situations. Constant public and patient contact.
Constant exposure to noise. Occasional exposure to bloodborne pathogens. Occasional exposure to chemicals and general cleaning agents. Shift hours may vary dependent upon the department needs to include weekend and holidays.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
General Staff Accountability
· Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Hospital.
· Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
· Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
· Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
· Maintains required certification/license in a timely fashion.
· Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
· Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off, and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
· Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time clock procedures by accurately clocking in and out.
· Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
· Adheres to the Dress Code.
· Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
· Demonstrates an understanding of personal role in the case of a fire/disaster, and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
· Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
Job Specific Duties
· Effectively facilitates group treatment modalities within scope of practice, as assigned by the Program Director, using approved
curriculums and standard group facilitation techniques.
· Effectively conducts initial assessment of new patients and develops initial treatment plan.
· Develops master treatment plans in a timely manner, as prescribed by program policies and procedures, using data from all assessments and input from treatment team.
· Reviews and updates treatment plans for assigned patients on a timely basis as prescribed in the program policies and procedures.
· Effectively utilizes treatment planning meetings to review problems, progress and discharge plans for all assigned patients.
· Accurately enters progress notes on at least a weekly basis for all assigned patients; progress notes are accurate, refers to problems identified on treatment plan, addresses progress and gains as related to treatment goals and are written legibly. Documents incidents or unusual occurrences at the time it happens.
· Monitors medical records, for all assigned patients, to ensure completeness and accuracy. Notifies Program Director of any omissions or incomplete areas in a timely manner and follows up to ensure correction of problem areas.
· Completes discharge summaries for all assigned patients in a timely manner as prescribed by program policies and procedures.
· Participates in public relations and educational activities as assigned by the Program Director or Clinical Coordinator.
· Effectively demonstrates competency working with the age specific needs of adult patients, ages 18+, and completes Psychosocial assessments conforming to the guidelines set forth in the Procedures for Psychosocial Assessment.
· Effectively assesses the needs of adult patients, ages 18+ and intervenes to facilitate movement to next stage.
· Effectively develops therapeutic relationships with assigned patients; schedules regular opportunities for brief 1:1 interaction to review patient goals and progress on treatment plan.
· For each assigned patient, has regular weekly documented contacts with others involved in patient’s care (i.e., physician, family members, residential care providers, case managers, conservators, etc.) acting as liaison as necessary for information regarding medication changes, treatment issues, changes in treatment plan, discharge plan, etc. These contacts should be both by phone and in person.
· Regularly monitors patient attendance at treatment program, following up in a timely manner when attendance problems develop.
· Effectively gathers information, initiates and implements behavioral contracts as needed.
· Effectively assists in obtaining Medicare-MediCal cards and counseling patients to funding issues as requested by Program Director.
· Effectively coordinates with attending physician regarding treatment plan and progress; discharge plans.
· Follows mandatory reporting laws for children, disabled and older adult abuse and domestic violence in a timely manner.
· Regularly follows all individual and group billing procedures; accurately enters information on correct forms.
· Effectively performs additional duties and responsibilities as position requires.
· Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
Reports to: Program Director
We provide a continuum of superior psychiatric health care services in a cost-effective manner to meet the needs of our patients, community, professional staff and payors.
We have been doing so since 1987.
Our medical and surgical specialty services complement the tertiary care services of the large medical centers in Orange County.
College Hospital of Costa MesaCollege Hospital Costa Mesa is a TJC accredited, 122 bed facility that provides high quality medical, surgical and psychiatric care. We are located near the intersection of the 405 and 55 freeways in the city of Costa Mesa, California. We provide a continuum of superior psychiatric health care services in a cost-effective manner to meet the needs of our patients, community, professional staff and payors. We have been doing so since 1987. Our medical and surgical specialty services complement the tertiary care services of the large medical centers in Orange County.
Newport Beach, CA