Current California Pharmacy Technician registration. Basic computer skills. Three months experience in hospital pharmacy or other pharmacy related jobs preferred.
Frequent sitting for long periods of time. Occasional walking, standing, bending and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 30 pounds. Occasional pulling and pushing up to 50 pounds. Corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Finger dexterity. Occasional exposure to stressful situations.
Office environment. Occasional exposure to noise, cold, and heat. Occasional stressful situations to manage. Rare exposure to bloodborne pathogens. Shift hours may vary dependent upon department needs to include weekends and holidays.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
* General Staff Accountabilities
· Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Hospital.
· Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others.
· Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality.
· Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws.
· Maintains required certification/license in a timely fashion.
· Exhibits good attendance and punctuality.
· Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
· Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately writing in and out.
· Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity.
· Adheres to the Dress Code.
· Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement activities.
· Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility.
· Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
* Job Specific Accountabilities
· Consistently processes inpatient medication orders.
· Accurately prepares cassettes for exchange.
· Monitors and replenishes floor stock in a timely manner
· Checks for outdated medications in a timely manner.
· Accurately maintains records as needed.
· Prioritizes work to maximize efficiency.
· Completes inpatient workload, other record keeping, billing, and internal pharmacy tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
· Understands and follows department policies and procedures.
· Accurately prepares and labels IV and inpatient orders to patient profiles and other forms.
· Consults the Pharmacist concerning pharmacy matters, particularly unusual situations.
· Pursues other work activities when time permits or during periods of decreased workload and performs other duties as assigned.
* Customer Service
Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected