College Coastal Care, LLC.
Position Title: Emergency Medical Technician / 1A
Provide basic emergency medical care and transportation under the guidelines of County protocols
and College Coastal Care, LLC standards of care for basic pre-hospital care, utilizing the receiving
hospital when necessary. Maintain equipment and vehicles used in providing service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain high quality patient care by assuming responsibilities for medical care of the
patient and carrying out established policies and procedures.
• Respond to request for emergency/non-emergency medical care in a timely manner
through quick out of chute times, accurate route selection, and safe driving technique.
• Recognize and treat any medical situation with appropriate techniques, equipment and
knowledge of State of California and County Protocols.
• Utilize medical equipment and procedures including oxygen and suction devices, CPR,
and other procedures as required.
• Prepare and submit pre-hospital patient care reports to College Coastal Care, LLC
standards, supply inventory forms, and other forms as required.
• Gather patient billing information and appropriate billing signatures.
• Assure that emergency vehicle is completely stocked and in good running order
throughout the shift, stocking medical equipment as needed.
• Conduct him/herself in a professional manner at all times while interacting with the patient,
public, other EMS, Fire or Law enforcement personnel.
• Advise the Duty Supervisor promptly of any operational problems.
• Maintain the cleanliness of vehicle and station.
• Consistently meet or exceed current criteria for continuing education.
• Respond promptly to post relocation as required by the Communications Center.
• Maintain open communication with other EMS agencies, contract facilities, members of the
• Respond to hazardous material situations and perform as directed by the HazMat team
leader and/or incident leader.
• Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as required.
2776 Pacific Ave. Long Beach Ca 90608 Telephone: 562.997.2020 Fax: 562.997.2026
College Coastal Care, LLC.
High School Diploma or GED. Current State of California EMT-1A Certification. Must be at least 18
years of age. California Driver’s License, California Ambulance Driver’s License, demonstration of
an acceptable driving record required. CPR Certification. Current Medical Examiners Report and
current Medical Examiners Certificate. Effective oral and written communication skills. Effective
Occasionally: Boredom, MCIs, life and death situations.
Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure, hazards, fatigue, intense tasks, high call volume
Constantly: Patient Care
Occasionally: Climbing, kneeling, running distance.
Frequently: Walking inside and outside, lifting no greater than 100 pounds, pushing, pulling,
reaching, balancing, carrying, stooping, bending, leaning, sitting, driving ambulance.
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, touching, smelling, upper and lower body flexibility,
seeing, multiple physical activities at the same time.
Occasionally: Confined areas, pressurized equipment, high places, toxic conditions, other
Frequently: Extended day, inside, outside, temperature changes, wet and/or humid, noise,
mechanical equipment, fumes/odors/mists, gases, human excrement, blood, mucous, tissue.
Constantly: Works with and around others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others, shift work,
Occasionally: Simple math skills.
Frequently: Complex writing, clerical, analyzing, perception/computation, problem solving.
Constantly: Simple and complex reading, simple writing, memorization, judgment, reasoning,
Occasionally: Suction equipment, telephone, television, motor, kitchen appliances, hose, vacuum
cleaner, cleaning equipment and supplies, copy machine, computer/typewriter.