Are you a bright professional eager to develop your career within the legal field?
If YES, we have a fantastic opportunity for gifted Office Administrative Assistants to join a national law firm with an established reputation of supporting the public sector with collection of delinquent government receivables. Our client company is a leader in providing customized collection programs for the public sector clientele.
Location: Houston, TX
Pay Range: $15.00 / hr.
Shift: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Position Type: Contract – Hire
Competitive benefits, outstanding training program, and development tools to SUPPORT employees in realizing their highest potential.
· Review files for sale as assigned
· Reviewing hold code list (weekly)
· Back up for preparing, proof reading and follow up for Judgment Payoff
· Back up for researching, preparing and E-filing of Release of Judgments
· Backup for incoming certified statements request form competitor
· Back up assistant in Post Judgment Customer Service down town office
· Assist in answering Post Judgment Main 3590 line (daily)
· Preparing Release of judgment form JP list (twice a year)
· Intervener JE list to find judgments to review for sale (twice a year)
· Small balance PJ list review / close case- (every third month)
· Back up for Excess Proceeds Motion and e-file with the court
· AJ list review and if required files to go back to sale (once a year)
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor and / or manager
· Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
· Some College and/ or Paralegal Certificate is a plus
· 2 years of office experience
· Customer service experience
· Legal office experience is a plus
· Knowledge of oracle system is a plus
· Must have good computer skills
· Must type 50+wpm
· Must be well- organized and able to multitask
· Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented
· Able to handle high volume document production
· Excellent grammar with strong proofreading skills
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Excellent research skills and ability to work with numbers
· Ability to work independently and productively without close supervision