Superintendent, Facilities Maintenance
Collagen Matrix, Inc. Allendale, NJ
- Expired: May 11, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Superintendent, Facilities Maintenance will be responsible to support all facility maintenance efforts including preventive maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting for all of CMI’s facilities. This position ensures that the solid execution of company programs remain consistent with the overall company values. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of facility maintenance, and HVAC systems and can support the strategic and operational objectives of the business. The successful candidate will possess a high degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifies and responds to conditions or events that could adversely affect the facility, product and/or company assets.
- Assist with installation and modification of building equipment and systems.
- Write and revise SOP's on equipment use and proper maintenance.
- Document job activities on forms and in logbooks per procedure.
- Manages outside service contractors for facility maintenance (HVAC, landscaping, snow removal, contract cleaning services, etc.)
- Participates in facility expansion planning, as needed, in order to minimize construction costs and ensure adequate utilities are provided.
- Provide ideas to control and reduce the facility management costs by minimizing any disruption of the operations.
- Oversee building janitorial responsibilies.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate, and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Maintain and operate fire and life safety systems such as; Fire alarm systems, fire pumps and related fire protection system equipment.
- Work independently to ensure the facility is maintained properly and safety regulations are followed.
- Maintain the waste management area and ensures that procedures are followed in accordance with EPA and OSHA requirements.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Assist with various special ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned, including general maintenance and repairs, and responding with urgency to situations.
This position manages projects, facilities maintenance, and facilities personnel.
Education, Experience And Certification
- This position requires a minimum of GED/high school diploma or an Associates degree in a relevant field and/or certification/license in HVAC, electrical, plumbing and/or industrial training which includes a thorough understanding of mechanical, electrical and control systems. The individual should have 10 or more years of relevant work experience, or a Bachelor's Degree in an applicable field and 5 years industry experience in a medical device or science related field.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions with minimum supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operational procedures.
- Good communication skill, both verbal and written reports.
- Ability to identify problems and solve them.
- Ability to work from blue prints and drawings in constructing and repairing equipment
- Ability to prepare procedures and cGMP documents
- Experienced in FDA requirements related to medical device/pharma industry
Collagen Matrix, Inc.
Real EstateView all jobs at Collagen Matrix, Inc.