We are hiring multiple full-time and part-time remote employees for the holiday season!
Location: This is a remote position but you must live in Missouri. You may work from your home or any private space so long as it’s quiet enough for phone calls and has fast, reliable Internet access.
Duration: This is a temporary position from 10/8 to 12/23.
Business Hours: Our customer service hours will be 10am-10pm Eastern, 7 days per week. You will be scheduled according to our business needs and your availability during this time frame.
Opportunity for permanent employment: We will be converting some temporary positions into permanent, full-time positions at the end of the holiday season based on job performance and our business needs. There is also an opportunity to return next holiday season as a few of our temporary employees have before.
10/8-10/22- 20 hours per week for training.
10/23-11/2 - 20 hours per week available for live customer support (additional hours may be available based on need).
11/3-12/23 - 40+ hours live customer support (overtime may be available during our peak weeks of 11/24-12/21)
10/8-10/22- 10-15 hours per week for training.
10/23-11/2 - 10 hours per week available for live customer support (additional hours may be available based on need).
11/3-12/23 - 20+ hours live customer support (overtime may be available during our peak weeks of 11/24-12/21)
Work is required on Black Friday (11/29) and Cyber Monday (12/2)
Applicants will be required to commit to their scheduled hours over the holiday season. The week to week schedule will change based on business needs. We schedule our CS team 1 week in advance, and make every attempt not to change the schedule. We don’t eliminate shifts or end shifts early. You can count on working the hours that you’ve been scheduled.
About the role:
Collage.com’s customer satisfaction team is at the heart of what we do. We’re committed to always making sure our customers are happy by troubleshooting customer questions about our website, helping customers design products on our site, and assist with recently placed orders. You’ll interact with other members of our team primarily through online communications tools and we’ve got a ton of personality! We love what we do and our customers do, too. Some of the stories we receive from customers are truly touching, whether it’s a customer delighting a friend with a one-of-a-kind birthday gift or a family member comforted in hospice by one of our custom fleece photo blankets. We make a difference in people’s lives and we have fun doing it, too. If this sounds up your alley – we want you!
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to master several moderately complex new software systems quickly
- Strong typing, phone, and computer navigation skills.
- Ability to navigate the internet, multiple browsers, email, and instant messenger/chat tools.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Reliable, fast broadband Internet access and a computer with at least 4GB of RAM
- Android or iOS smartphone.
- Consistent Attendance - The holiday season is a crucial gift giving time for our customers, and they need our help! You’ll need to provide a schedule you can commit to.
- Must be friendly: If you’re not excited about helping people or interacting with customers all day by phone or email, this job definitely isn’t a good fit for you.
- Must be patient and empathetic: Sometimes, our customers have bad days or have a difficult time with technology. The right person for this job stays calm, patient, and empathetic during stressful situations.
- Must be able to think on your feet: Customers can have technical issues that may be difficult to recreate. We need to go above and beyond to make a customer happy. Nobody likes talking to customer service people who just read a script, so we don’t have them. This job is for someone who can think on their feet and is comfortable doing so.