Cleared Senior Software Engineer (DevOps)
About the job:
CollabraSpace PRIME contract is seeking aSoftware Engineer 2 to perform as part of a team supporting the development of the Tactical Edge Platform. The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Supports, integrates, scales, documents, and secures all aspects of the virtual compute and container platforms that make up the Tactical Edge Platform
- Works with developers to ensure compliance with optimal integration
- Ensures DevOps policies are integrated throughout the stack
- Conducts assessments to ensure the platforms meet required performance specifications
- Containerizes key applications identified by mission lead
Work performed in a contractor facility in Annapolis Junction.
Both low and high side access.
- Fourteen (14) years' experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Experience developing/integrating capabilities while leveraging software containerization technologies (K8s, Rancher, Docker, etc.)
- Experience developing and maintaining micro-services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience working with varying and contrasting communications and data formats
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards including adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Serve as a lead as necessary at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Perform quality control on team products
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Develop Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) that are platform agnostic and support a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Clearance: Applicants must be U.S. Citizens possessing an active TS/SCI security clearance with a Polygraph.
Agile Development Experience
Experience with programmatic data serving/retrieval APIs/mechanisms
Familiarity with DevOps concepts
Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD area.
About us: Collaboration is the fusion of people and ideas toward a common goal; and at CollabraSpace it's part of everything we do. It's the foundation upon which Collabraspace was created, at the core of our corporate philosophy, and even represented in our logo where different pieces of one circle work together. As a technical services and product company, Collabraspace supports the critical mission of our nation's security through ongoing collaboration with our team members, customers, and partners.
Across our 20+ programs we provide enterprise software development solutions and real-time collaboration to both government and private industry.CollabraSpace is headquartered in Annapolis Junction, MD, close to the majority of our work and therefore, close to you.
- Team. At CollabraSpace, we truly believe in the team. We'll always do our best to find a position that makes you happy to go to work every day, support the charitable causes that are important to you, and encourage your involvement with the company by providing events for the whole family.
- Security. We offer competitive salaries but more than that, we make sure the salary we are offering you can be supported by multiple programs. Why is that important? See bullet #1; if you're not happy we will do our best to find something that does make you happy.
- Benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package means you pay very little for a full suite of coverage.
- 100% company paid premiums for Health and Dental plans for employees and eligible dependents.
- 100% company paid Life & Disability plans.
- 401(k) & Roth plan with company contribution immediately vested.
- Annual bonus plan, spot bonuses for a job well done, and referral bonuses.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) allowing you to use your time off as you see fit.
- Formal education and training benefits.
- Transparency. You have heard it before but here you'll truly experience it. The management team "puts it all on the table" and always has an open door.
- Training and Education. It's part of our collaborative environment. Besides the traditional off-site training which we pay for upfront, CollabraSpace offers in-house Technical Exchanges on a range of topics presented by our own technical staff or industry partners.
- Honors. We earned the Alliance for Workplace Excellence Award for 4 years running and have been named to the Baltimore Sun's Top 100 Workplaces 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018; an award given based on survey responses from our team members. We are consistently ranked as one of the Top IT Firms in Baltimore by the Baltimore Business Journal.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
CollabraSpace is an equal opportunity employer. Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
Make a life at CollabraSpace, not just a living!Employment Type: Full-Time
CollabraSpace, Inc.Annapolis Junction, MD
TechnologyView All CollabraSpace, Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.