Senior HVAC Mechanic
· Handle chiller repair and preventive maintenance, repair of ice machines, refrigerators, and freezer units, low temperature refrigeration systems, freeze dryers, environmental chambers, incubators, steam and hot water troubleshooting and repairing, air dryers, lab heating and cooling equipment dehumidifiers, and stability chambers
· Work on the most complex HVAC/ Refrigeration systems, equipment and control systems
· Troubleshoot mechanical problems and perform all required tasks
· Make repairs necessary to return the equipment to operation in a timely manner
· Perform advanced mechanical tasks and PM procedures on a variety of HVAC/Refrigeration equipment
· Work includes troubleshooting, ordering parts and installation of parts, and material on equipment such as fractional horsepower motors, unit circulation fans, basic electrical devices associated with the control of the units, chillers, air conditioners, compressors, pumps, ultra-low temperature freezers, walk in coolers, and freezers, etc.
· Perform preventative maintenance work on all types of plant HVAC/Refrigeration equipment including fans, valves, actuators, etc. May install bearings, seals, belts, gaskets, etc. on HVAC/Refrigeration equipment utilizing a variety of gauges, tools and test equipment including vacuum and pressure gauges, leak detectors, torque wrenches, multimeters, ammeters, etc.
· Does mechanical overhauls and performs preventive maintenance work on all types of plant refrigeration equipment
· Order materials and parts from the stockroom and venders, initiate work orders, and various other forms
· Process paperwork such as work orders, house requisitions, and various other forms that may be required.
· Communicate status of jobs to customers. Ensures that adequate information is shared with other work groups when transferring work orders. Participates in work group team meetings and actively looks for methods and work processes that improve productivity, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
· •The Sr. Refrigeration Mechanic will work as a multi-skill trades person, doing electrical, mechanical, building maintenance and/or other work on special assignments as required and assigned
· Demonstrate proficiency in the BAS, Environmental, and HVAC areas. Will have advanced understanding of HVAC/Refrigeration theory and application to air handling systems in a commercial and/or industrial environment
· Maintain knowledge and experience to perform advanced troubleshooting and mechanical repairs on various devices including fans, pumps, valves, actuators, etc
· Perform advanced troubleshooting and mechanical repairs and to install refrigeration equipment and accessories
· High school education or equivalent. Associates Degree in HVAC/R or equivalent highly desired
· 5+ years of formal training and work responsibility in the field of commercial or industrial HVAC/Refrigeration system maintenance
· Must be certified by the Federal EPA for operation of refrigerant reclaiming equipment and for proper usage and disposal of all refrigerants
· Must have the ability to do brazing and/or soldering of heating and cooling coils, etc
· Must know all CMMS functions that pertain to refrigeration maintenance, PM and related activities