Collaborative is passionate about helping to improve public education within the United States, and across the world, through ongoing learning, collaboration, communications and engagement.
We’re looking for a highly-motivated self-starter for this entry-level Interactive Designer position. The Interactive Designer will work across teams to create dynamic digital graphic designs, data visualizations, and interactive tools for our clients. This position requires digital design experience and a basic understanding of public relations best practices.
The Interactive Designer is a full-time position and based in our Washington, D.C. office.
The Interactive Designer will:
- Serve as an integral member of the digital team;
- Design and create interactive graphics, visualizations, and other interactive tools from start to finish for Collaborative’s clients based on specifications from the client and the internal project team;
- Propose interactive design solutions and strategies that support successful client engagements;
- Maintain a high-level understanding of project management, demonstrating the ability to directly liase with project managers across the firm to quickly and efficiently develop beautiful products for clients;
- Help lead development of digital graphic designs, which may include:
- Graphics that are intended for distribution via social media and other channels
- Short videos and animations
- Website wireframe and mockup designs
- Actively prepare for and engage in kick-off meetings, client brainstorming sessions, and other strategy meetings with a professional demeanor; and
- Stay up-to-speed on topics and trends related to interactive design, ensuring all client products reflect the latest, cutting-edge design insights.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
· A bachelor's degree in graphic design or equivalent experience;
· 3-5 years of experience in interactive or user experience design;
· Demonstrated experience in leading design processes from conceptualization to implementation;
· Experience with Mac and PC;
· Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (preferably Adobe XD) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Word);
· Experience creating designs in and for Wordpress, Squarespace, and Drupal CMS as well as e-mail, leveraging tools such as MailChimp and Constant Contact;
· Video/audio creation and editing skills, which are a plus;
· Some experience at a consulting firm, which is preferred;
· Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills, along with the ability and commitment to effectively interface with external partners at the highest levels of business, government, and the education and social sectors;
· A can-do attitude, with a drive to get the work done alongside the team, no matter how large or small the task; and
· A commitment to education issues.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Interactive Designer will work across teams and report to the firm’s leadership. This full-time position is based in Washington, DC, and is Metro accessible. Collaborative offers excellent benefits.
Please visit http://www.collaborativecommunications.com to find more information about Collaborative’s award-winning products and services as well as our corporate capabilities, values, philosophy, practice areas and array of clients.
Please combine a cover letter and resume into a single file, add a link to your portfolio of work, and send via e-mail (with subject line “Interactive Designer”) to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
The statements in this description represent the typical elements of, and criteria for, the general work that the applicant should expect to perform in this role. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills for this job.
Collaborative Communications is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is a strongly held value of Collaborative that power and possibility are not limited by gender, race, class, sexual orientation, disability or age. All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis