- Create new consumer experiences focused on patients, providers, payers, and others across the health care ecosystem- Design new approaches that enhance and extend the consumer experiences while supporting business partners in the creation of new opportunities.- Create functional prototypes and designs of different levels of fidelity to help teams determine the design direction for delivery. TEAM MAKEUP: 4-5 engineering scrum teams; the UX role will work with many of them in addition to Directors of engineering. DescriptionThis role requires a unique blend of real-world experience and theory, entrepreneurial zeal, and elite production and execution. Working as product experience designer means you’ll tackle a variety of aspects of the design process from user research to physical prototyping to telling the project story to various stakeholders. You will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary engineering team to create and deliver market leading offerings for clients across the continuum of care.You will be helping people live healthier lives when you bring your expertise, passion, energy, focus and all-in approach to work every day. This is the place where you can do your life's best work. Primary Responsibilities
• Create new consumer experiences focused on patients, providers, payers, and others across the health care ecosystem.
• Design new approaches that enhance and extend the consumer experiences while supporting business partners in the creation of new opportunities.
• Gather business, customer and end-user requirements through in person interviews and secondary research.
• Help clients empathize with users by creating deliverables that tell a compelling story.
• Serve as a subject matter expert in the area of product design, user experience, and user interface and interaction design.
• Procure and use data, including key performance indicators, market research, and testing methods, to identify ways to conceptualize and advance the user experience
• Create functional prototypes and designs of different levels of fidelity to help teams determine the design direction for delivery.
• Work alongside and collaboratively with development teams to understand constraints and identify opportunities to modernize our approach to delivery.
• Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
• Defines and manages teams’ deliverables, timelines, estimates / budgets and contractor needs to ensure projects fulfill time / scope / budget parameters Required Experience
• 7-9 years of product design and/or user experience and design
• 3-5 years of experience in Human Centered Design processes
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, design, or computer science, with a concentration in communication, customer experience, or user experience
• A Master’s degree in human computer interaction, human factors, or similar, is a plus.
• All candidates should provide a portfolio demonstrating examples of their work. Required Skills
• Creating wireframes and prototypes for user interfaces
• Conducting user research
• A variety of graphic design and interactive tools including:
o Axure RP (preferred), InVision, or a similar prototyping tool
o Adobe Illustrator
• Gain a full understanding and context for the use cases of a given feature, ensuring a holistic design approach is taken
• Comfort working in a matrixed environment, working as a collaborator and advisor, and the ability to confidently and credibly share your point of view and expertise.
• The ability to synthesize multiple, and sometimes conflicting, inputs (i.e., quantitative and qualitative data) into a common point of view.
• The ability to be coached, be adaptable and be collaborative
• Exceptional communication and storytelling skills
• Persona Development
• Journey Mapping
• Creating and implementing a design system
• Familiarity with front-end development (HTML5/CSS3/Angular)
• An understanding of accessibility compliance and the associated design activities (Section 508, ADA, WCAG 2.1 AA)