· Sr. Material Scientist will be responsible for development, selection and processing of polymeric materials for new product development and on-market medical device and combination products.
· This position will apply the principals of Material Science in order to identify and characterize low cost, high performance materials with robust supply and manufacturability.
· Support the design and development of new products and trouble-shooting of on-market products
· Translate product Design Input, part functional, and part specification requirements into material selection characteristics to establish logical criteria for material selection
· Partner with suppliers to identify appropriate material grades or to develop custom blends/formulations/additives suitable for proposed product designs and processes
· Work closely with Design and Tooling Engineers to develop material processing parameters and processing limits relative to desired material characteristics and performance
· Identify technologies to improve materials processing, throughput, or quality. Identify lower cost, higher performance materials with improved supply chain assurance.
· Prepare and execute material characterization studies to define expected performance margin relative to design targets
· Utilizes Material Characterization tools such as FTIR, DSC, Melt flow and other rheological methods.
· Serve as an SME in the course of material design, failure mode analysis, or root cause analysis.
· Master's Degree or higher in Polymer/Chemical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering
· 5 years of experience