- Learn and understand guidance from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for marketing and communication materials and apply that knowledge to proofreading jobs.
- Learn and apply understanding of plan design elements to member materials and apply that knowledge to proofreading jobs.
- Proofread (in both hard copy and electronically) a high volume of member-facing materials relating to Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage according to specified instructions (e.g., confirm correct verbiage, client logo usage, plan design and other elements).
- Proofread against backup for accuracy and compliance with CMS and client requirements using standard proofreading marks, and check for grammar and sense.
- Apply internal style guide requirements to ensure work meets expected standards. Work with Proofreading Team Lead on any style questions and provide input/feedback to Proofreading Team Lead. Follow Proofreading Team Lead’s advice on updates to Proofreading procedures.
- Work with Proofreading Team Lead to manage assigned projects according to priorities established each morning as well as any updates thereafter.
- Coordinate with Proofreading Team Lead to ensure jobs are completed within requested times and route completed requests back to Workflow Manager.
- Under Proofreading Team Lead’s advisement, work with Communication Owner to resolve questions about communication or request and to resolve any discrepancies in backup materials.
- Work with Proofreading Team Lead to resolve timing conflicts and overall priorities and to resolve any discrepancies in backup materials.
- Experience working with electronic proof routing software.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to follow documented processes and work instructions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and under tight time frames
- Ability to work well with all types of work styles
- Good concentration, to focus on texts that may be lengthy or technical in nature
- A meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3 to 4 years communications proofreading and copyediting experience
- Experience in handling changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of intermediate-level MS Word and Adobe Acrobat skills and ability to work with a variety of web-based tools
- Solid understanding of English language
Why Work Here?Not only is Collabera committed to meeting and exceeding our customer’s needs, but we also are committed to our employees’ satisfaction as well. We believe our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we make every effort to ensure their satisfaction throughout their tenure with Collabera. We offer an enriching experience that promotes career growth and lifelong learning for our employees. As a result of these efforts, we have been recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” since 2012 – eight consecutive years in a row. Collabera has 60 offices with a presence in 11 countries and provides staff augmentation, managed services and direct placement services to Fortune 500 corporations across the globe.
Collabera has been recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) as one of the “Best Staffing Firms to Work For” for 8 consecutive years.