- BH Intake representative is responsible for processing authorization requests from customers, providers and facilities.
- BH Intake Representative is responsible for telephonic outreach to customers regarding BH benefits and services.
- BH Intake Representative is also responsible for conducting post discharge outreach to customers to assess for needs and barriers after psychiatric inpatient treatment.
- BH Intake Representative is required to adhere to Policies and Procedures and all Compliance Rules and Regulations.
Responsibilities and functions:
- Monitors daily productivity to ensure all work is completed timely and accurately.
- Adheres to call center procedures and ensures adequate coverage of phone queue.
- Maintain confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA and PHI regulations.
- Completes all assigned and required trainings.
- Adheres to all Policies and Procedures to ensure compliance.
- Processes all organization determination authorization requests within required time frames and ensures compliant documentation of each request.
- Processes all assigned calls within required time frames and ensures compliant documentation of each call processed.
- Attends staff meetings and one on one meetings with leadership as scheduled.
- Two years' experience in utilization management, behavioral health direct care, or behavioral health case management.
- Bachelor's degree in mental health field or psychology or social work related field required.
- Master's degree in mental health field or psychology/social work related field preferred (special note: this educational level may be required by some CBH customers as designated specifically within their contracted services).