- Work as part of a cross-functional engineering team with Scientists, Mechanical and Software Engineers to develop next-generation X-ray based security equipment.
- Design PLC-based machine control systems, including circuit design, programming, motion control, and power distribution.
- Develop X-ray detector data acquisition systems for R&D and production equipment.
- Design printed circuits and direct PCB layout, fabrication, and assembly
- Produce Engineering documentation such as design specifications, interface control documents, schematics, wiring diagrams, and bills of material.
- Typically, we have no more than 2-3 Electrical Engineers working on any single project, and for smaller projects the Engineer will work on their own to develop solutions, present concepts and designs in a review, and complete the implementation
- Able to see a design through from R&D to production, including writing specifications (system, subsystem, ICD’s, etc), developing design documentation, building prototypes, designing for production, and troubleshooting problems.
- Experience in industrial control system design, including PLCs, object sensing, electrical interfaces, circuit protection, communications protocols, and power distribution.
- Knowledge of PLC programming languages (IEC 61131)
- Experience with electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, function generators, bench supplies
- Familiar with a product development process including design specifications, design reviews, Engineering drawings and documentation formats, and ECR processes
- Comfortable working with and around Xray radiation producing machines, radioactive materials, high voltage, heavy machinery, electric and hydraulic power systems.