I. Job Summary
Ensures delivery of excellent customer service through accurate and fast processing of orders. Provides logistics support for domestic and international movement of recycled materials. Communicates and coordinates with other departments and partners in order to fulfill customers’ needs. First point of customer contact for general inquiries. Builds and maintains business relationship with clients and suppliers by providing prompt and accurate service.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Communicate with customers to monitor inventories and anticipate their production needs and to schedule all necessary equipment to move waste by-products.
• Arrange and negotiate third-party freight costs, when needed, for timely servicing of all customers waste by-product pick-ups by using WM approved carriers.
• Monitor and maintain shipment status via computer system.
• Respond to customer complaints in a timely manner. Investigate and solve issues with shipments for both vendors and customers.
• Initiate calls to customers to set up deliveries, advise shipment delays and/or information necessary to set up deliveries. Initiate traces with carriers and railroads for proof of deliveries when needed.
• Review pricing with the Sales and Marketing groups.
• Develop interactive relationships with vendors, customers and outside freight carriers.
• Responsible for all necessary documentation for all shipments, which can include export documentation to overseas mills.
• Initiate calls to customers to ensure timely and accurate invoicing. Record and prepare vendor payments in accordance with contracted terms. Ensure proper billing of freight and special charges. Issue debits and credits as necessary.
• Resolve downgrades and rejects of waste material by dealing directly with the customer and the vendor. Gather and process the cost information by negotiating pricing with the customer and/or vendor to minimize the overall impact to the company and customer, with approval by account manager.
• Work with other supervisors/managers to coordinate services and keep them informed as issues arise.
• Project a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, positive attitude that encourages customer and employee confidence and reflects the professional image desired by WMRA.
• Attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
• Provide timely feedback to direct supervisor regarding service failures, customer complaints or any other matters regarding his/her attention.
• Provide timely and accurate information to incoming customer order status and product knowledge requests.
• Works to meet or exceed service and operational goals established for the call center, including productivity, quality, and timeliness goals.
• Collaborate with sales representatives to meet and exceed customers’ service expectations, and develop solutions to ensure smooth material movement.
• Perform other special projects and tasks as assigned.
• May provide direction or support to less experienced Customer Service Representatives.