Duration: Two and half months contract project + possible extension
- Performs secretarial and administrative assistant assignments of a confidential nature in support of an Director/department head.
- Maintains regular contact with internal and external senior management.
- Reports to at least an Director or Department Head level position.
- If the business unit uses a secretary pool, this description may be used if the associate predominately supports an AVP, Director or Department Head, providing the duties and responsibilities listed, while reporting to another leader.
- May support multiple managers and departments. Usually have no direct reports.
- Reviews, highlights, prioritize and processes mail. Forwards mail to appropriate staff member and attaches relevant files or information. Brings to attention of manager any items needing immediate attention. Prepares items for mailing, shipping and storage.
- Follows-up on action items by telephone or memo. Drafts response for AVP/Director review; frequently composes and sends correspondence of moderate complexity without management review.
- Answers phones, takes messages and/or redirects calls. Greets visitors. Responds to internal and external inquires regarding the business unit. Advise associates on company and department policies. Opens, prioritizes and responds to management emails.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries for management and staff. This includes logistics and travel itineraries for management and other staff, location selection, menus and food services, supplies, audio visual support, room set-up, etc.
- Compiles information from a variety of sources to prepare standard and ad hoc reports and exhibits.
- Initiates and processes check requests, expense advances and reports, and other requisitions to pay bills, clear expenses, order supplies, support meetings, etc.
- Sets priorities, coordinates schedules, recommend solutions to routine and less complex situations that arise, and apply sound judgment in the day-to-day activities.
- Gathers data and information, assembles materials and prepares detailed exhibits for reports, presentations, special projects and other office related activities.
- Coordinates and monitors activities of others to support office objectives.
- Initiates calls, memos and requests for information.
- May train and monitor workflow of other secretary and support staff. Provides back up services and assistance as needed. Trains department associates on office procedures such as email, supplies, phones, travel, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Post high school studies preferred.
- Knowledge: Company policies and organization structure (field and/or staff operations). Knowledge of industry concepts and terminology preferred.
- Skills/Competencies: Decision-making skills to evaluate, recommend, and implement solutions to work processing problems.
- Verbal and written communication skills to correspond and interact with all levels of management and associates, external contacts and customers.
- Ability to proofread own work and work of others for content and format accuracy. Intermediate mathematical calculation skills.
- Ability to operate business equipment and personnel computer with related business software such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)