Industry: Healthcare Services
Job title: Accounting Senior Analyst
Location: Tempe, Arizona, 85282
Duration: 06 months
- Accounting position within Specialty Pharmacy accounting department that requires strong attention to detail and the ability to work cross-functionally to research and resolve issues.
- Essential functions require the ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- This position will assist with departmental objectives, ensure proper internal controls and optimize efficiencies.
- Great opportunity for a motivated self-starter to gain a wide variety of exposure
- Perform month end close process workflow.
- Includes ability to summarize, journalize and analyze monthly activity related to Specialty pharmacy billing, collections & inventory purchasing.
- Perform detailed general ledger account reconciliations, with heavy cross-functional focus to resolve discrepancies.
- Support Pharmacy Returns and Inventory Replenishment accounting through tracking, reporting, research and invoice/credit memo coding as needed.
- Ensure internal controls are followed and recommend process improvements.
- Complete various other month end tasks, including reporting to support profitability analysis.
- Perform variance analysis and provide period over period fluctuation explanations.
- Special projects/assignments as needed.
- PC skills; MS Office programs; Strong Excel skills with the ability to easily learn new software.
- Experience with Access, Business Objects, and Essbase a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting processes, procedures, and controls.
- Experience in general ledger account analysis/reconciliation.
- Experience working with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Focus on quality and service.
- Demonstrated customer service and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage heavy workload.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent work experience.