Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 74641 - Rogers, Arkansas, United States
About Tom’s of Maine
Empowering a naturally healthy life – for our family and yours – for almost 50 years. When Tom and Kate Chappell moved to Maine and started making natural personal care products, they were guided by two simple philosophies.
- First, it was possible to make effective personal care products that were free from artificial flavors, fragrances, sweeteners, colors and preservatives.
- And second, that businesses should be good corporate citizens working to care for the planet and communities.
These same philosophies guide us to this day. And because we are so committed to giving back, we donate 10% of our profits to charitable organizations, and our employees can use 5% of their paid time volunteering for causes they are passionate about.
We've grown through the years, and we’re able to accomplish big goals while still knowing the names of everyone's kids—and dogs. Our supportive, team-based environment encourages everyone to be themselves, and find creative ways to address challenges. Our employees embody our values of natural, sustainable and responsible living. Their everyday decisions affect how we run our business at every level. If you are passionate about working for a company that lives by their values, thenTom’sis the place to be!
In today’s dynamic retail environment, it is an exciting time to be a part of the Customer Development team at Tom’s of Maine. Our highly energetic and focused Strategic Growth Team is dedicated to driving growth for Tom’s and for its customers in this ever-changing landscape. What role will you play as a member of the Strategic Growth team?
As the Strategic Growth Manager for Walmart and CVS, you will have directional responsibility to deliver sales objectives on volume, spending and retail execution while also running the P&L. You will be formulating and executing a strategic plan to ensure you reach maximum volume, profitability and customer service. You'll develop plans to deliver designated account strategies and champion a mindset with your colleagues to create solutions where everyone wins and productivity of investments increase. You will demonstrate consumer insights associated with strong Tom’s brand equities to drive incremental growth and strengthen the customer investment strategy so that it is consistent with Retail Environment strategy, brand strategy, and shopper insights.
Who are you?
- You connect the dots-You have a pulse on the big picture to identify areas of opportunity for products and programs, develop Customer Marketing strategies that incorporate consumer insights, and have an awareness of competitor activity to create promotional strategies.
- You are a collaborator-In this role, you’ll establish partnerships with multiple parties including internal cross-functional teams, brokers, and the customer retail team. These relationships thrive on mutual trust and integrity to achieve deliverables and execute against strategy and goals.
- You are a leader-you take the lead by influencing the agenda through collaboration, negotiation and thought leadership.
- You are an innovator-you will look for opportunities to improve and seek creative solutions. Your ability to adapt and adjust the strategy with the customer, revisit objectives and gain insights from pre and post evaluation and return on investment analyses to ultimately incorporate learning into the future strategy is essential.
- You are curious-It’s important to understand business trends in each account through fact-based analysis to include brand share, pricing, promotion levels, and trade class development along with understanding the effectiveness of different investment levers. You’re curious about what works and what does not so we can work together to refine customer tactics.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3+ years in sales roles; adjacent experiences required.
- Experience working with a syndicated service (Nielsen, IRI) account
- Experience working in consumer product goods
- Microsoft Office or Google Suite proficiency (i.e, Sheets, Slides, Docs)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Tom's of Maine? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Empowering a naturally healthy life – for our family and yours – for over 45 years. When Tom and Kate Chappell moved to Maine and started making natural personal care products, they were guided by two simple philosophies.
• First, that it was possible to make effective personal care products that were free from artificial flavors, fragrances, sweeteners, colors and preservatives.
• And second, that businesses should be good corporate citizens working to care for the planet and communities. These same philosophies guide us to this day. Tom’s of Maine products – including toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash, bar soap, body wash, lotions and lip balms – are sold across the United States and Canada. And because we are so committed to giving back, we donate 10% of our profits to charitable organizations, and our employees can use 5% of their paid time volunteering for causes they are passionate about.
Tom’s of Maine is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine and Colgate, please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.