No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 73834 - Boise, Idaho, United States
The Professional Sales Representative is the Colgate-Palmolive face to theDental Profession throughout an assigned geographic territory. The position isresponsible for detailing and selling direct and through a 3rd party distributorsales force. The representative is responsible for all areas of the Colgate-Palmolive professional business to include driving professionalrecommendations (Brand Recommended Most Often/Brand Used Most Often),market shares, territory sales results, account penetration, financial return and professional relations.
The Professional Sales Representative is the expert presence to the dentalprofession driving relationships and account penetration through; regular visitswith dental offices, detailing the science behind the Colgate product line,attending key dental conventions, networking with professional associationsand driving sales and market penetration through management of the 3rdparty/distribution community. Professional Recommendations (BrandRecommended Most Often/Brand Used Most Often) are made at theDentist/Hygienist level and are driven by detailing the science behind theproducts; the Representative’s expertise is utilized to influence these keydecision makers to drive recommendations on the company’s flagship brandColgate Total and our Toothbrush line.
- Key interface with the Dental Profession, number one priority is to driveProfessional Recommendation and Usage of Colgate Total and Colgate Toothbrushes.
- Serve as a primary resource for in-depth product knowledge to includeColgate Total to accounts and 3rd party FSCs by articulate the science/clinical efficacy and features/benefits of the complete Colgate OralPharmaceuticals product line.
- Execute territory plan based on company assigned account segmentation,driving recommendations and sales results within existing and newaccounts.
- Full ownership and understanding of territory sales numbers to includesubmission of monthly estimates.
- Build and maintained a successful working relationship through effectivecommunication with both internal and external customers to include CallCenter, Marketing, HSD, and the Dental Professionals.
- Capitalize on networking opportunities to drive recommendations andsales to include participation in dental conventions, local dental/hygieneassociations &amp; study clubs and dental/ hygiene schools.
- Utilize CRM system on a daily basis to document call activities, marketingattributes and surveys.
- Effective management of product samples to include compliance with a monthly inventory of prescription products (PDMA - rescription DrugManagement Act).
- Full management of all third party Field Sales Consultants (FSCs) withintheir designated sales territories.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
2+years similar clinical detailing/professional sales background or other relevant experience
Proven track record of superior detailing/sales achievement.
Excellent communication skills (internal and external, all levels)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.