Relocation Assistance Offered Within Region
# 75321 - Hodges, South Carolina, United States
The Operations Area Leader is responsible for overall management of the manufacturing production areas. Successful management of an area(s) will be accomplished through active involvement and development of work teams, appropriate coaching and feedback, effective resource utilization and visible team leadership.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts in regards to processes that drive business performance in key performance indicators for the Greenwood facility (e.g. asset utilization, operational efficiency) while meeting quality, GMP, FDA and safety performance expectations.
- Lead team of Operation Team Leaders (Supervisors) and Technicians and drive improvement of team performance and behaviors in line with the advanced team development model, including effective team communications, personal and team accountability, and other competencies within Colgate’s “managing with Respect” expectations.
- Actively interfaces with vendors, suppliers, Colgate Marketing, Sales, Engineering and R&D work teams to drive and enhance equipment performance and/or quality of operating supplies/services.
- Actively take a lead role in new formulations, packaging launches, etc. within the Colgate Personal Care category.
- Effectively manage employee relations and performance management issues in coordination with Human Resources.
- Support EOHS initiatives which will drive the TRR and LWD rates.
- Support the Quality initiatives that will support effective implementation of new product start up on time completions of SOP review with teams and Quality audit preparation initiatives.
- Implement the standards of Factory, Performance & Reliability (F,P&R) within the teams, with focused emphasis in regards to People Capability, Visual Workplace, Autonomous Maintenance and Continuous Improvement.
- Assist the plant to achieve Fund-the-Growth Savings by decreasing total labor costs and active participation in the plant FTG ideation session,. Track and analyze variances associated with material, labor cost and/or finished products. Has overall financial responsibility of the production area and to articulate financial implications.
- Product Conformance: Take the lead in ensuring production conforms to release specifications, production personnel are trained and fully understand finished product release procedures and SOPs, Responsible for making decision, regarding out-of-specification raw materials, packaging material, WIP and finished products.
- Product Traceability: Responsible for ensuring production personnel are trained and fully understand lot tracking, code dating and production records SOPs.
- Microbiology: Responsible for ensuring production conforms to micro release specifications; use of validated and documented change over, cleaning and sanitization procedures.
- Technology Transfer: Responsible for ensuring appropriate technology transfer has occurred for transfer of new formulas, processes, packages and equipment; acceptance criteria has been defined and met for all technology transfers, and production capability has been proven
- Corrective & Preventive Action: Responsible for ensuring changes to process, formula, packaging, specifications, equipment, on-line procedures, etc. are documented; production personnel are trained and fully understand deviation and out-of specification SOPs. Determine and document causes of non-conformances. Review site KPIs monthly to drive improvement. Establish site KPI goals yearly, and develop improvement plans to achieve. Monitor results of corrective/preventive action implementation plans at least monthly.
- Facilities: Follow EOHS Standards and Guidelines for storage and use of materials.
- Process Capability: Define and implement a process capability improvement plan. Identify all critical process parameters and finished product variables. Establish yearly site process capability goals and review results on a monthly basis. Utilize process capability measures as criteria for success for technology transfers.
- Process Control: Responsible for ensuring specifications for process control variables have been set including tolerances; calibration program has been established, all equipment requiring calibration have been identified, and calibration schedules adhered; manufacturing SOPs are readily available and reflect current practice; action is taken on out-of control points and documented; operations personnel are trained, fully understand and adhere to change over procedures.
- Documentation: Responsible for ensuring production personnel are trained and fully understand documentation requirements and SOPs for production records.
- Equipment: Responsible for ensuring emergency shutoffs are accessible and clearly designated; personnel are trained and fully understand cleaning, sanitization and batch-on-batch procedures; SOPs are defined for equipment operation, set-up and change overs; cleaning and sanitization logs are maintained; provide resources for preventative maintenance programs, and ensure schedules are being followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 7 years functional manufacturing experience (Engineering degree preferred) orMaster’s Degree with 5 at least years functional manufacturing experience required (Engineering degree preferred).
- Good working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and chemical fields as well as plant equipment required.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing others.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently at times
- Ability to motivate others to a high level of performance, along with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives and operate creatively in ambiguous situations to meet business objectives.
- A working knowledge of SAP, WMS, and plant floor systems required.
- Computer experience in Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 7 or more years of focused experience in large, high volume, highly automated facility
- Experience in a FDA regulated environment
- Engineering Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.