- Perform design of complex residential/commercial/municipal civil engineering projects to include site grading, streets, sanitary sewers, pump stations, small wastewater treatment plants, storm sewers, detention facilities, flood studies, storm channels and other related site improvements;
- Research and prepare conceptual drawings, preliminary designs, feasibility studies and preliminary cost estimates for residential/commercial/municipal projects.
- Perform grading, drainage, hydraulic and transportation calculations to support project design.
- Perform site investigations and analyze site conditions such as creeks, existing structures, off-site issues, utilities, etc.
- Perform hydraulic modeling in specialized software of pipes, creeks, channels and other drainage or sewer conveyance systems.
- Resolve design conflicts; perform constructability reviews.
- Perform quantity takeoffs, shop drawing review and prepare bid specifications.
- Capable of performing quality control reviews of design projects.
- Maintain project documentation.
- Provide project status information for Project Manager.
- Assist in developing project scopes and schedules.
- Communicate and maintain good client communication
- Present projects to clients, agencies, municipalities and the general public.
Bachelor of Civil Engineering (or equivalent degree and experience)
- Minimum of four years of experience in civil engineering design.
- Registered Professional Engineer in the state of respective office
- Experience with AutoCad, Excel, Word, Hydraulic, Transportation and Grading Software
It is the policy of Cole & Associates, Inc. a Missouri Corporation d.b.a Cole Design Group, Inc. in Texas & Arizona, herein referred to as "Cole" not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.