The Transaction Closing Lead is responsible for a variety of complex accounting tasks including, but not limited to processing and posting commissions information into the general ledger and commissions system, ensuring accuracy of data & commission calculations and compliance with accepted accounting principles and standards. May also perform a variety of other routine & complex accounting tasks involved in maintaining financial records, such as monitoring, verifying and reconciling accounts.
Daily Commissions Support
· Monitor daily closing workload and work with Manager regarding support needs to meet department deadlines and standards
· Work closing with Transaction Closer(s) to ensure work is completed timely and accurately.
· Process varying volumes of real estate commissions efficiently and accurately for assigned branches daily. Review electronic files to ensure required, legible documentation is included. Verify scanned file documents match system records and validate agent commission calculation.
· Produce and distribute commission checks and Direct Deposit. Ensure that correct splits and deductions are processed prior to producing checks.
· Communicate and follow-up on discrepancies using “Commission Ticket” email method.
· Complete end of day processing of commissions and making sure department balances daily.
· Work with Transaction Closing Assistant to ensure incoming wires are matched to transactions and worksheet is balanced by end of business each day
· Serve as a backup resource for all transaction closing tasks including but not limited to validations, earnest money processing, and incoming wire/settlement statement processing
· Serve as primary resource for branch / agent inquiries and tickets. Work with Manager when needed to escalate issues for resolution.
· Respond to all vendors & branch department inquiries in a timely manner. Provide excellent customer service, a positive attitude and display a high-degree of professionalism.
· Identify and execute best practice for corrections to previously closed transactions.
· Work with Accounting team on database changes as needed
· Serve as liaison to Accounting team regarding transaction closings
· Responsible for weekly and monthly management reports as requested
· Provide back-up and perform special projects as requested by management.
Daily Transaction Validation (Pre-Closing Audit) Support
· Validate varying volumes of transactions in commission software (Profit Power) efficiently within company standards (timeliness/accuracy) for all assigned branches daily. Verify scanned file documents and SkySlope information matches system records and validate agent commission calculation.
· Communicate and follow-up on discrepancies with processing team and/or branch offices.
· Assist processing team with closed file commission ticket follow up and make system corrections as needed to ensure files are closed accurately and timely.
· Identify and execute best practice for corrections to previously closed transactions (unclosing of commission files)
· Respond to all vendor and branch department inquiries/tickets in a timely manner. Provide excellent customer service, a positive attitude and display a high-degree of professionalism.
· Back up Transaction Services Manager related to transaction closing processes when requested
· Assist Manager with training new department staff and with creating and updating department processes and procedures as needed or requested
· Assist Manager with training new Office Managers and new branch staff on transaction closing processes as needed or requested
· Support Manager as a knowledge resource to team members, internal departments and branches with questions and/or requests.
· Provide input on team member performance as requested
· Assist with the distribution of 1099’s annually as needed or requested
Education & Experience
· Associate degree in accounting or equivalent education and/or work experience.
· Minimum of 1 to 3 years in a professional office environment required. Real estate office experience preferred.
· 1-2 years hands-on experience working with accounting or financial-based data entry & follow-up.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Thorough working knowledge of accounting theory, concepts, practices & procedures applicable to finance needs.
· Strong team building and interpersonal skills. Ability to generate a feeling of trust and confidence and establish and maintain effective relationships as necessitated by work assignments. Strives for continuous improvement and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
· Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Effective written, verbal and listening communications skills. Ability to speak clearly, listen and get clarification; read and interpret written information; write clearly, accurately and concisely. Ability to read and write English fluently.
· Strong attention to detail; ability to be highly accurate with critical information and be able to adapt during constant interruption of duties.
· Exceptional numerical aptitude, analytical & problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to prepare clear & concise reports.
· Solid attendance history.
· Positive & productive attitude.
· Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
· Self-driven, motivated, results-oriented.
· Professional dress & demeanor.
· Intermediate knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products (including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access).
· Ability to troubleshoot basic issues and train others on basic and intermediate skills.