Process Improvement Specialist - Accounting Liaison
Coldwell Banker Bain - Rainier Title Bellevue, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Process Improvement Specialist/Accounting Liaison works with the Accounting Manager-RT and key staff to analyze, monitor and maintain information and processes between Rainier Title systems and Accounting systems to optimize integration, increase efficiency and ensure best practices in the quality of information flow. Key This position will be responsible for training, coaching, and mentoring appropriate staff, and develop and maintain clearly documented procedures and expectations with points of accountability for all users. Acts as liaison between Financial Services and Rainier Title staff to resolve outstanding issues and continually monitor accuracy of data between systems, ultimately ensuring data integrity from the consumer to the financial reports.
Successful candidates will have Process Improvement experience, excellent Project Management skills, a background using technological tools to support operations activities, and a 'go-getter' attitude which includes equal parts drive and diplomacy.
What we want you to do:
- Acquires an understanding of accounting, title, and escrow systems such as Great Plains, Resware, Qualia and HUD reconciliations.
- Acquires an understanding of and documents current state of processes.
- Conducts interviews of key stakeholders to identify and document requirements and provide improvement opportunities and recommendations.
- Evaluates downstream systems, processes, and/or organizational impacts and identify risks and barriers.
- Develops and maintains appropriate relationships with all stakeholders to facilitate the successful accomplishment of quality initiatives. Ensures effective communication with all internal stakeholders throughout the project.
- Engages Accounting Manager for review, approval, and opinions on risk impact, mitigation, and remediation when necessary.
- Communicates solutions across its own function and with cross-functional partner organization.
- Successfully deploys and supports change management and appropriate training plans.
- Trains, coaches, and mentors’ staff on all system nuances, uses, to ensure data integrity and efficiency.
- Ensures quality issues and complaints are communicated to management and appropriate employees, and ensures necessary actions are completed in a timely manner
- Partners with Accounting Manager to define critical metrics that will support the operationalization of monitoring and management to deliver improved performance across business and measure effectiveness
- Performs internal quality management audits.
- Ensures reports are prepared and provided to Accounting Manager in a timely manner and design/propose corrective actions if necessary.
What we want you to bring:
Education and Experience
- BA/BS in Business Administration/Finance preferred, other combinations of education or experience may be considered.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Process Improvement
- Prior experience working with Title & Escrow systems (ResWare, Qualia) preferred.
- Process improvement certification (such as Lean Six Sigma) preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of accounting theory, concepts, practices & procedures.
- Working knowledge of process improvement concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills. Ability to generate a feeling of trust and confidence and establish and maintain effective relationships as necessitated by work assignments. Strives for continuous improvement and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to manage competing demands and prioritize work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written, verbal and listening communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to be highly accurate with critical information and be able to adapt during interruption of duties.
- Exceptional numerical aptitude, analytical & problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prepare clear & concise reports.
- Ability to document, plan, and execute improvement programs.
- Positive & productive attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Self-driven, motivated, results oriented.
- Professional dress & demeanor.
- Expert knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products (including Outlook, Word, Excel and Access).
- Knowledge of Title and Escrow software applications preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot basic issues and train others on basic and intermediate skills.