Shipping & Receiving Clerk
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The shipping and receiving clerk position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes receipts including pallets for loads.
- Signs drivers in and notifies warehouse for dock assignment.
- Coordinates with warehouse and transportation to ensure timely and accurate preparation of shipping and receiving documents.
- Prints required documentation.
- Receives, counts, and logs cash received by carriers if applicable.
- Enters information in computer for shipping and receiving.
- Verifies product and count to ensure accuracy of data entered in computer.
- Maintains WMS Scheduler, hard copy schedules, and updates visual aids for traffic flow.
- Notifies applicable management personnel of pending no shows and/or unscheduled arrivals.
- Completes and verifies paperwork with drivers and releases drivers.
- Arranges outbound pick up appointments for carriers and customer pickups.
- Calls carriers for late and/or no-show trucks and reschedule appointments as necessary.
- Operates office machines such as adding, calculating, fax, copy machines, and PC.
- Greets and assists visitors/drivers in a timely and friendly manner.
- Follows HACCP and SQF requirements for food quality and safety.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Mathematical and Language Skills and Reasoning Ability
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and professionally before groups of customers, team members of organization, and drivers.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None.Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Team member Wellness
Incorporate the company’s core values while managing daily activities by leading and supporting by example.Absence Coverage
The Dock Clerk will cover in the absence of the Shipping and Receiving Clerk.Reports to Office Manager
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Shipping Receiving Clerk II jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.