Subsidiary: Simon (130)
Honesty, pride, respect–these are the values the pioneers of the frontier West lived by. Over 100 years later, they are the same values that drive Simon today. It is a way of working–the right way–that has stood the test of time, and allowed us to help shape the landscape since 1954.
What we do is bigger than construction. It is about connecting communities, building new roads to the future, and keeping the spirit of the pioneers alive and well.
Simon specializes in aggregates, asphalt and ready-mix concrete production, asphalt paving, and concrete, bridge, highway, and utility construction. Simon has strong local ties backed by global resources, focusing on quality and value to deliver the best products and services for our clients.
This is an excellent role for experienced construction professionals – we will also consider entry-level candidates willing to take on a new challenge and develop in the role with an assigned mentor. This is a mobile position; candidates may live anywhere as long as they are willing to travel and work away from home for extended periods as required for project completion.Successful Bridge Foremen are able to problem-solve, work within deadlines, and overcome challenges while ensuring assigned teams are productive and remain motivated.
Summary: Manages small to large bridge construction projects. Requires regular communication with internal and external customers such as subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and senior management.
• Promote, execute and adhere to the company's safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safe practices as part of Simon's safety culture
• Work with superintendents and project managers to ensure that assigned projects remain on time and on budget
• Organize and coordinate the daily activities of assigned crew and equipment pertaining to scope of work, including delegation of tasks, and holding individuals accountable
• Read and interpret project plans and specifications
• Understand, interpret, and follow surveying markers and plans including slope stakes, control points, lines, grades, etc.
• Direct equipment operators to facilitate alignment and movement of materials
• Coordinate the supply of materials for assigned projects, ensuring timely delivery of materials to project site
• Support and promote employee training, mentoring, and development; address performance concerns as needed
• Operate heavy equipment required for project completion; operate company vehicles to move people and equipment between job locations and company facilities
• Perform skilled work related to specialty area(s) of assigned position, including but not limited to: concrete finishing, utility installation, grading/site preparation, paving, etc.
• Ensure equipment maintenance inspections are completed to maintain equipment in safe operating condition
• Perform minor servicing and maintenance on equipment; refer major problems to the shop
Qualifications, Education, Skills and Experience:
• Valid Drivers' License and ability to maintain a clean driving history required;
• Commercial drivers' license preferred
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working in bridge constructionand/or related fieldpreferred
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity preferred
• Computer and/or mobile device experience, including use of MS Office, Android and iOS applications required
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Use of required personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Regularly required to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance
• Regularly required to use hands to feel, handle, and manipulate objects
• Regularly required to communicate (talk and hear)
• Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Standing/working on feet for long periods (8 hours or more), and walking across uneven terrain
• Frequently work in close proximity to heavy equipment and machinery
• Frequent exposure to typical construction site conditions, including dust and loud noise, and all weather conditions
• Some exposure to fuel, oil, and other chemicals
• Frequent travel, including overnight stays away from home may be required
Workplace Values Requirements:
• Support, promote, and practice Simon core values, vision, and mission
• Support, promote, and comply with Simon Code of Ethics, Workplace Conduct, Safety, and other established policies at all times
• Embrace the Company's safety culture, actively support all safety initiatives, and adhere to defined accountabilities implemented by the Safety Steering and Continuous Improvement teams
• Align personal vision and goals with larger goals of the Company
• Support continuous improvement to improve Simon processes, performance, safety, and overall success
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Simon is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here. For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Simon at 307-635-9005 or send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
Simon will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.