- Posted: over a month ago
Welcome to Colas Construction (COLAS), where our mission to build legacies and strengthen communities has impacted the Pacific Northwest since our founding in 1997. COLAS is a general contracting firm specializing in commercial construction of diverse scopes: civic, education, affordable and market-rate housing, mixed-use developments, and more. We center the highest standards for Clients by providing the best in today's construction with strength from their commitment to hard work from the inherent value of equity and inclusion for diversity in every aspect.
About the Position: Project Engineer
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager with overseeing the construction process for a single large project or multiple small to mid-sized projects. The position requires strong time and budget management skills and excellent communication with colleagues, clients, and subcontractors. Exercising proficiency in interpreting project plans, specifications, and details for subcontractors and craft persons for preconstruction efforts related to outreach, scheduling, and logistics is paramount.
- Actively support relationships as a liaison between the owner, architects, subcontractors, and the company.
- Coordinate information and documentation from owners and architects to the subcontractors.
- Administer processing of subcontractor submittals.
- Obtain and maintain all necessary construction permits and work with the Project Manager.
- Develop business through identifying client needs.
- Proactively review customer feedback and demonstrate knowledge of different market sectors and delivery systems to support strong relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language with the ability to adapt communication styles to suit various audiences.
- Ability to perform advanced mathematics operations- data analysis and statistics.
- Able to work independently, in a team environment, and in collaboration with colleagues.
- Capable of setting priorities and working under pressure with effective time management and organizational skills.
- Mental ability to conduct ongoing interpersonal interactions, analyze and solve problems, and make sound judgments.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Associates, BS or MS degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or equivalent
- Current driver's license
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the construction industry
- OSHA 10 certification preferred, with a goal of OSHA 30 certification within a year of hire date
- Enhanced blueprint reading and computer skills; proficiency in applications such as Procore, Bluebeam, Smartsheet, Zoom, Revit, Assemble, and Foundation Accounting
Colas Construction, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. We value equitable hiring practices and adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, or disability. We assure you that employment with COLAS depends solely on your qualifications.
Thank you for your interest in COLAS, where we are Building Tomorrow, Today!
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Colas Construction