CoinDesk is the leading media platform covering the emergence of a new financial system and serving the next generation of global investing. Founded in 2013, its journalism, research and events provide critical insights to emerging cryptocurrencies, blockchain and related technologies, and the industries developing around them.
CoinDesk is a quickly growing company with incredible ambition. We are expanding our multimedia offerings by building out our live programming and on-demand video products. We'd love for you to join us if you're willing to take on new challenges and immerse yourself in a world of intelligent, forward thinking and also, fun humans.
Based in NYC, CoinDesk has over 50 full-time employees around the world and is an independently run subsidiary of the Digital Currency Group, the largest investment & operating company in the blockchain industry.
CoinDesk is looking for an Audio Technician to join its growing digital video team. This person is ready to roll up his or her sleeves to help launch "CoinDesk TV" with an exciting slate of daily & weekly live and taped shows. The Audio Technician works with the control room and production staff to provide live broadcast audio and implement best practices for sound production in studio and from the field. Most important, you must be a team player who leads by example and works well with your own staff as well as other departments. This position is based at our headquarters office in New York City.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing audio workflows for live and taped broadcasts in studio and remotes
- Handling all issues with regard to IFB, PL, mix-minus/mix-plus audio routing, and portable mixer/recorders
- Making sure all audio from multi-camera sit-down interviews, walk-and-talks and live events meet high quality and established industry standards
- Maintaining and keeping track of audio and support equipment
- Putting on wireless microphones and IFBs for in studio guests
- Performing other studio duties such as stage management
- Supporting any production related to CoinDesk Podcasts
- Contributing and supporting large and small offsite productions and live feeds for CoinDesk Events (conferences etc.) as needed
- Highly collaborative, creative, and 'bring it every day' attitude
- At least 1-3 years of experience as an audio technician/engineer (A-1) in a live news production environment at a television broadcast or digital news studio
- Must take direction and work well under daily deadline pressure and demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to edit video segments and convert them into podcasts a plus
- Detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with and direct experience with various other control room positions a plus
- Flexibility in scheduling as we experiment with launching new video shows and multimedia products
What CoinDesk offers:
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary and bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and our new hires!