- Expired: January 04, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
COHO Creative is looking for an experienced and effective creative team leader who ensures that the team they lead creates outstanding designs that delight our clients. The primary focus is to set a creative vision for design and brand strategy-focused projects, lead the design portion of strategic brand initiatives (innovation, brand charter, brand design assessments, packaging graphics assessments, etc), and act as a high-profile external representative on strategic & creative projects and initiatives.
The Primary Responsibilities of the Creative Director inlcude:
- Responsible for the creative output on more strategic and complex creative projects - approves the design territories & range of concepts in design development phases
- Approve creative ranges in initial design phases - ensure concepts hit project objectives, fit within established design territories, and push conventional thinking with fresh approaches
- Apply master-level understanding of semiotics and design territories. Collaborates with strategy on design territory work and/or with CCO on more complex strategic initiatives
- Actively participate in "pre-design" process/tools/sessions - Engaging in landscape assessments, brand strategy sessions (brand charter/positioning/architecture), naming, consumer research, etc. and approves design-related deliverables
- Consult with CE & strategy on project methodology, estimates, timelines, and deliverables on strategic, more complex projects. CD Approves team assignments on their projects.
- Manages Senior Design Directors & coaches them on managing others on the team
- Leads the design team recruitment process
- Complete projects from milestone to milestone and ensure on-time, quality deliverables
- Communicate with the Traffic Manager on a weekly basis to manage project assignments
- Follow the COHO Creative Quality Control and IP protocols
- Consult with the development of brand/category audits and design assessments
- Keep up to date on all administrative requirements (time sheets, documents, etc.)
- Possess a deep understanding of realization and are able to consult when needed
- Show leadership through managing direct reports and being a positive role model by representing COHO values
- Select/curate on-strategy concept ranges that hit project objectives, fit within established design territories, and push conventional thinking with fresh approaches
- Assist and participate in the recruitment process
- A regular contributor on pre-design project phases with cross-functional teams to understand target consumers, and product categories, inform strategic design opportunities, design and semiotic assessments, and understand project objectives at the onset of projects
- Responsible for final creative presentations to ensure proper flow of content/design concepts, plan presentation methodology, and more
- Consult with the ECD to Develop effective tools and process
Exemplify COHO Creative attitude & culture:
Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
Open and respectfully direct communication; ability to give & receive constructive feedback
Plays well with others; ability to work effectively in and with cross-functional teams
Quick thinker with a solution mindset; ability to solve problems on the fly
Professional presence and appearance (but we're casual)
Have fun while doing your job!
BA/BS or Associates Degree or equivalent experience
Minimum 10-15 years of experience in CPG Branding & Package design
Relevant experience in CPG Package Design is a huge plus!
Expertise and experience in print & pattern design for products or packaging is necessary. This ideally includes a rudimentary knowledge of semiotics and/or product semantics-to communicate key performance attributes via surface design.
Ability to connect the dots from trends, such as fashion (apparel) to other consumer products.
To Apply for this position, please submit a link to your Portfolio and follow the links to submit your application.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Creative Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.