About The Cohesion Companies
The Cohesion Companies have owned and managed environments where people live, work, and play since 2016. We operate at a level of dedication that only comes when you have amazing people who care about each other and the work that they do every day.
With a "glass-is-half-full" attitude, the ideal Staff Accountant is thoughtful and inquisitive, client focused, accountable, relatable and possesses a can-do attitude. Capable and wanting to grow, this enthusiastic professional knows that it is okay to make a mistake as he/she wants to be successful and try new things. The right person can not only come up with ideas but will also implement assigned strategies and initiatives. Organized and self-managed, this positive and creative person takes responsibility and knows how to make things happen.
Taking ownership and being accountable comes naturally to this confident and optimistic hard-worker who loves people. Results-driven, this Staff Accountant is resourceful, trustworthy and detail-oriented. This team player can take the urgency off things due to being organized, working methodically, planning, and being able to anticipate needs. Having a sense of urgency, this collaborator can move fast, work well with the different partners within each business unit, and is able to change priorities quickly -all with a smile on their face. While setting goals is a priority, this person is not rigid and does what needs to get done. Willing to wear multiple hats, this flexible professional quickly adapts to change.
This passionate multitasker loves what they do and does not need to be micromanaged. As a forward thinker, this person can run with an idea but is also an integrator who is able to take directives from others. The right candidate will use their excellent communications skills (verbal, listening, and written) to determine when to simply complete a task and when to be our visionary.
The Cohesion Companies supports a healthy work/life balance for all members of the team to ensure clients receive outstanding service.
The responsibilities and duties for this Staff Accountant include, but are not limited to, the following items:
• Bookkeeping review, Reconciliation and Financial Statement Preparation/Review for Accuracy
o Organize and Update Financial Records
• Prepare books for tax returns and work with tax department as needed
• Analyze and Recommend Ways to Reduce Costs and Enhance Revenue for clients from a variety of industries
• Effectively work in a team to maximize productivity while surpassing client expectations
• Interactive Financial Statement Review with clients on a monthly basis to assist with the client’s needs to make decisions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business – Accounting or Finance Preferred
• Ability to Prepare, Read and Analyze Financial Reports
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficiency in Excel
• Excellent Communication skills
• Career Stability
• Experience in working with Company Financials
• Experience providing Outstanding Service to Customers
• 2-5 year’s Work Experience in this Industry
• Master’s Degree in Accounting
• CPA Preferred, not required
• QuickBooks Online Certified – Strength in QuickBooks Online
• Healthcare Experience is a Plus
• N. Central Expressway/Uptown Area of Dallas
What sets The Cohesion Companies apart from other employers?
• Company has seen substantial growth over the last 4 years
• Family-focused and diverse company in a strong and growing industry
• Company is growing and expanding rapidly
• Position offers growth potential
• Opportunity to work on a large variety of projects due to different business segments
• Freedom to be creative, develop and implement - sky is the limit
• A lot of flexibility, as well as great benefits (healthcare, 401 K, professional development, PTO, etc.)
Cohesion Business Advisors
Why Work Here?Cohesion Business Advisors is a full service tax, accounting and business consulting firm located in Dallas, TX. We offer a broad range of services for business owners, executives and independent professionals. We are relatable, thoughtful and client focused.
Terrific people and work environment. Excellent growth potential for staff because the company is growing at a fast pace.