Manufacturing Technician TEMP
- Job ID:11059
- Functional Area:Technicians / Assemblers
- Position Type:Full Time - Temp/Intern
- Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
- Location:CT-East Granby
- Education Required:GED
- Relocation Provided:No
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Coherent is one of the world's leading suppliers of laser and laser-based solutions to a broad range of commercial and scientific research customers - designing, manufacturing and marketing lasers, laser-based systems, and related accessories for a diverse group of customers and markets. Since 1966, Coherent has expanded through a combination of internal growth and the strategic acquisition of related companies.
With an incredible range of innovative medical, scientific and commercial lasers, Coherent is home to the most talented professionals in the industry. Join the brightest and largest team in the business to help continually take Coherent laser solutions into future generations.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Technician in our East Granby Fiber Components group. Responsibilities include:
- Working with fiber optic and free-space optical components with a focus on handling small, delicate fiber components.
- Building, testing, and troubleshooting optic components within established specifications.
- Using CO2 laser, fiber fusion splicers, fiber cleavers, optical power meters, micro strippers, laser scan micrometer, razor blades, microscopes and eye loupes.
- Collecting, entering, and tracking data in glass components database.
- Performing tests such as measuring pump transmission, tapers, and cleave angles.
- Acid etching various sized fiber.
- Glass processing via CO2 laser.
- Packaging pump combiners.
- Maintaining equipment and lab environment.
- Other duties as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Technical Associates degree or Certificate preferred; equivalent experience considered.
- Experience with opto-mechanical and/or small parts assembly required.
- Excellent manual dexterity required.
- Fiber handle skills strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of fiber optic and laser components strongly desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Access) desired.
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment required.
- Good lab and work place organization habits required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.