Field Operations Specialist - Corrosion
This is an intermediate level position involving technician work in a highway materials testing facility. General activities include some or all of the following: logging and preparing samples for testing; routinely performing advanced test procedures with minimal supervision; developing Standard Operating Procedures for various test methods; entering test data into the appropriate reporting software program or database; analyzing test data; extracting test data and preparing detailed reports and correspondence and communicating with District and Contractor personnel. The ability to work in a team environment, prioritize tasks, as well as to communicate verbally and in writing is essential. This position will be working in the Corrosion and Materials Durability Unit.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides logistical support to Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) corrosion specialists in conducting field corrosion studies and evaluations of new technologies and/or corrosion control/prevention materials.
- Conduct on-site evaluations of existing concrete structures to identify cause and extent of corrosion or corrosion related problems.
- Assists other Corrosion personnel with investigative projects to identify specific corrosion related problems and identify the research and engineering associated with the development of remedial corrosion control concepts for concrete structures such as bridges, seawalls, drainage systems, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance and calibration of field corrosion testing equipment. Evaluates the functionality and performance of such equipment and reports results.
- Conducts adjustments and repairs to existing cathodic protection systems using the latest monitoring equipment and technology.
- Assists in troubleshooting and repairing telemetry systems installed on bridges and other structures.
- Responsible for scheduling maintenance for the section’s mobile equipment (cars, trucks, boats).
- Experience in the operation of boats and knowledge of boating rules and regulations. Ability to tow trailers with boats and equipment on Florida roadways.
- Works cooperatively with others to adapt to current and future challenges.
- Ability to work from heights over 50 feet is required (using appropriate safety gear).
- Ability to routinely lift 50 pounds.
- Other Duties as required.
Salary: $15.00 or $17.00 an hour, depending on experience
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
Note: A valid Florida Driver’s License is required. Overnight travel is required.
Come be a part of our Amazing team! Check out our openings today at CoherentStaffingSolutions.com