Database Administrator Oracle
Coherent Staffing Solutions Tallahassee, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The term of the contract would be November 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022, possibility to renew
Pay: $50/hour - $60/hour depending on experience
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Telecommuting may be possible
1. Maintain performance of the data center by ensuring proper data backup, data backup recovery, disaster recovery, and appropriate security, power, cooling, fire suppression, and capacity.
2. Develop and implement business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and annually conduct a live exercise of each plan.
3. Offer, develop, and support the services and applications defined in service-level agreements executed with its customer entities.
1. Responsible for supporting the Oracle Database service offerings of the FL[DS]Database service. This position is responsible for supporting all areas of the Oracle Database service environment including, but not limited to, Oracle software installation, database configuration, administration, monitoring, maintenance, support and customer service.
2. Demonstrates, models and reinforces the agency’s fundamental values of fairness, cooperation, respect, commitment, excellence, honesty and teamwork
3. Provides professional and high quality customer service
4. Coordinates with vendors and service providers to resolve database technical support issues
5. Administers Oracle databases, instances and backups
6. Manages and maintains Oracle environment
7. Manages and maintains Oracle database systems, including troubleshooting and patch management
8. Monitors Services Desk incident, requests and tasks and responds appropriately based on published time expectations
9. Must be available for on-call and/or overtime duties as required
10. Assists customers in debugging, performance and reliability issues of SQL code
11. Assists customers with data management and import/exporting of data
12. Ability to architect and advise customers regarding application design and development issues
13. Follows all established FL[DS] database processes, procedures and good practices
14. Develops documentation for Oracle database support processes, systems and procedures
15. Participates and complies with FL[DS] change management procedures
16. Tracks time for Professional Services billing purposes
17. Provide support, on-going maintenance, and required modifications to database applications already in production.
18. Work with FL[DS] customers to develop and implement a process to receive data and disperse it to the appropriate internal applications, adhering to all DMS-DST security guidelines.
19. Assist in designing the Database Architecture and Strategic plan for DMS- DST customers.
20. Provide research and analytical services for new projects as they emerge.
21. Develop protocol for implementing existing and newly developed Database applications within the existing environment.
22. Implement changes to existing and newly-developed Database applications.
23. Create technical documentation associated with project.
24. Conduct Pilot projects and research new technologies to support current or new processes as needed.
25. Create complete and accurate project documentation.
26. Develop timelines as requested.
27. Evaluate and recommend improvements to systems and/or processes as requested.
28. Evaluate system tools and determine their usefulness to the FLDS and its customer’s environment.
29. Maintain accurate and detailed accounting of hours worked and tasks completed for each project.
30. Mentor junior and journeymen Database Administrators.
31. Work within the constraints of the FLDS policies on security, privacy, and procedures.
32. Support and comply with all FLDS policies and procedures.
33. Document work activities through FLDS Change Management, Service Desk and Cost allocation procedures.
34. Reporting for emergency duty is required as part of this position. Emergencies may occur at any time and create varying degrees of damage, human suffering, injury, death, and property damage or destruction. FLDS, along with many other local and state agencies, has responsibilities before, during, and/or after emergencies. FLDS Consultants are an important part of our emergency responsibilities. In the event of an emergency, unless Consultant is granted a temporary exemption from emergency duty, Consultant may be required to work before, during, and/or beyond normal work hours or days to perform emergency duties including, but not limited to, responses to or threats involving any disaster or threat of disaster, man-made or natural.
35. Other tasks as directed by Platform Manager.
To Respond, please send your resume, with 3 listed work references
Come be a part of our Amazing team! Check out our openings today at CoherentStaffingSolutions.com
Coherent Staffing SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Great Company that Focuses on Employees!
Coherent Staffing Solutions is a staffing agency servicing customers in the public and private sectors. Come be a part of our Amazing team! Check out our openings today at CoherentStaffingSolutions.com