- Posted: over a month ago
Cohere is looking for a Data Architect that will actively participate in sprint planning and review sessions with the product owner and provide coordination with architecture, information assurance, requirements, testing and configuration management personnel.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users. The Data Architect will be competent in all areas of database infrastructure including database, integration services, and reporting services. The candidate should speak well in front of an audience and be able to present briefs to high ranking government personnel and be able to provide whiteboard sessions and presentations to personnel in a clear, concise but comprehensive manner.
More About the Role:
The position will involve working in development and production environments designing, developing, and supporting new database models or providing complex enhancements to the existing database for mission critical systems.
This position requires an active TS/SCI Poly security clearance.
To succeed in this role, you should have a passion for data and innovative theories and additional familiarity with the following:
- Create data dictionaries and business glossaries to document data lineages, data definitions and metadata for all business-critical data domains.
- Apply knowledge of reference models to data architecture design and maintain alignment with standards and best practices for ontology representation.
- Develop data governance framework that aligns with user needs and data governance practices and standards.
- Implement data architecture initiatives on data quality, data governance, data standards, and data policies across all core business functions to ensure consistency in data definitions and data usage.
- Guide efforts to define the mission, goals, critical success factors, principles, and policies for data strategy and architecture.
- Build a framework that encourages integration of policy, procedure, system help, training, and other useful resources.
- Help maintain the integrity and security of the database including data encryption.
- Conducts special studies and investigations pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs
- Plans and prepares technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals relative to the establishment and functioning of complete operational systems
- Establish procedures for detection and correction of data-quality issues and collaborate to establish policies, procedures, and internal controls affecting the quality of data
- Establish guidelines and protocols that govern the proliferation of data to ensure that privacy controls are enforced in all processes
- Design and implements effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee functionality.
- Develop database design and architecture documentation.
- Provide data analysis and establishes data standardization.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Perform regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Develop presentations and reports.
- Provide operational database administration support as needed:
- Build, support, and maintain database systems of high availability including backup and recovery
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Determine, enforce and document database environment, policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy, and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Prepare and present plans and changes to Technical Review Board
- Utilize monitoring and performance analysis to troubleshoot and isolate problems/issues/incidents
- Track all work activities in JIRA, and Confluence
Cohere knows that our employees are our most valuable assets. Cohere offers competitive pay, commensurate with experience, labor categories, and current market demands.
FULLY PAID health care premiums for medical with PPO and HSA options
FULLY PAID dental, vision, and life insurance
Earn 240 hours PTO / year (30 days, accrued at 20 hours/month)
401k plan with matching employer contributions and profit sharing
Extremely lucrative referral programs
Monthly billable incentive rewards
Yearly training allowance for self-development
Cohere was founded in 2015 by seasoned intelligence community engineers to unify and streamline both cyber and kinetic workflows for the Intelligence Community and the Department of Defense.
We are looking for candidates to join our team as we grow our cyber development department. This is an opportunity to join a close-knit team of engineers who are passionate about learning from each other and developing next-generation capabilities supporting our stakeholders’ operations. Your work will contribute directly to securing infrastructure from malicious cyber actors.
We invest in our people, offering tailored training and mentorship as we grow our engineers. We believe that providing opportunities to learn fuels individual and organizational success. At Cohere, not only will you take your technical skills to the next level, but if desired, you can learn the processes and skills necessary to launch your own company too. We offer mentoring opportunities to learn from experienced leaders on creating and growing your own contracting business.
If you have a background in coding and computer security and want to take your career to the next level, with the ability to learn from senior engineers invested in your success, apply today!
Powered by JazzHR
Cohere Technology Group LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?