Senior Manager, Systems & Security (Remote Flexibility)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Manager, Systems & Security
Location Stamford, CT or Remote
Area Network Information Systems/Business Information Systems
Business Cohen Veterans Network, Inc.
Status Full Time - Exempt
A Career with Cohen Veterans Network, Inc
At Cohen Veterans Network, we seek to improve the quality of life for veterans, including those from the National Guard and Reserves, active duty, and their families. CVN works to strengthen mental health outcomes and complement existing support. Our vision is to ensure that every veteran, active-duty service member, and family member is able to obtain access to high-quality care that enables them to lead fulfilling and productive lives. The Cohen Veterans Network, Inc., is a not-for-profit philanthropic organization (a registered 501c3 Private Foundation).
What you’ll do
We are looking to add a Senior Systems & Security Manager to our team. Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer you will be doing Microsoft end-user computing including Microsoft OS, SharePoint, Teams, Yammer and others. You will also be working with information security policies and procedures and take on new and unexpected challenges while building the next wave of business information systems tools. Specifically, you will:
Information Security duties:
- Review current information security policies and procedures and recommend
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Along with CISO, Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with the managed service provider and their security team to review logged incidents and trends
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Work with third-party security vendors to coordinate and direct HIPAA risk analysis and assessment and penetration testing.
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Maintain CVN’s incident response system.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
Office 365 and SharePoint administration
- Ensuring the operational health of the SharePoint online environment including security, availability, performance, interoperability and reliability
- Administration, support and configuration of MS Office O365 for staff
- Maintenance/sustainment of existing client SharePoint sites and sub sites, lists, libraries, and content (including pages, workflows, and items)
- Maintenance, and sustainment of additional complementary functionality for customer sub sites, lists, libraries, and content
- Coordinate administrative tasks and support activities for enterprise-level Microsoft Exchange infrastructure
- Troubleshoot Exchange related issues when alerted by monitoring software
General IT: End-user support and training for hardware and software
- Training and educating end-users on O365 capabilities and collaboration tools (OneDrive, Skype, OneNote, Outlook etc)
- Providing end-user support for all PC based hardware, applications and services
- New user setup and orientation including installing and configuring workstations, software, telephone services, network printing, etc.
- Maintain and provide support for all IT infrastructure
- Provide tier 1 and tier 2 support and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot OS, network and storage related issues
- Maintain CVN’s asset inventory
Operational Security, Maintenance and Governance
- Responsible for logical and physical controls of the company’s IT system by providing, on a quarterly basis, documented assurance that access to computer resources (data, equipment and facilities) is reasonable and restricted to authorized individuals
- Perform software upgrades and patches (bios, firmware upgrades, etc.)
- Troubleshoot various Office 365 issues including connectivity and mobility
- Conduct routine monitoring and analysis to include Audit Log Reports evaluation, system and storage utilization reports, site and system usage, growth reports, and manage site collection quota settings
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science and 4-5 years of experience in managing and administering Microsoft systems
- Additional 2-3 years of experience can substitute a Bachelor’s degree if the experience has been in systems administration, desktop support and information security roles.
- Experience administering O365, Exchange, Azure Active Directory and SharePoint environment
- Help desk experience and ability to provide technical and end-user support
- General knowledge of networking – IP, DNS, SMTP and a thorough knowledge of troubleshooting end user Microsoft OS.
- Hardware support including drivers, OS patches and other end-user peripheral device support (printers etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative thinker
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Some travel required
The programs and initiatives of Cohen Veterans Network are staffed by talented individuals who have the passion, drive, and skills necessary to fulfill our mission. CVN is an Equal Opportunity Employer, appreciates and values individual differences, and welcomes diversity in its broadest definition. We are committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect.
Cohen Veterans Network, Inc., policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to enter any of our shared office space with Point72. Should an offer of employment be made, your acceptance of that offer means that you will comply with this policy. You will be advised of your anticipated schedule to be in the Point72 office should we move forward with the offer. Please note that all visitors must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter any of Point72’s U.S. offices.
Cohen Veterans Network
Get fresh Remote Security Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.