Senior Data Engineer (Remote Flexibility)
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Data Engineer
Location Stamford, CT, Silver Spring, MD or Remote
Area Network Information Systems
Business Cohen Veterans Network, Inc.
Status Full Time - Exempt
A Career with Cohen Veterans Network, Inc
At Cohen Veterans Network, we seek to improve the quality of life for veterans, including those from the National Guard and Reserves, active duty, and their families. CVN works to strengthen mental health outcomes and complement existing support. Our vision is to ensure that every veteran, active-duty service member, and family member is able to obtain access to high-quality care that enables them to lead fulfilling and productive lives. The Cohen Veterans Network, Inc., is a not-for-profit philanthropic organization (a registered 501c3 Private Foundation).
What you’ll do
We are looking to add a Data Engineer to our team. If you love all things data and analytics; You possess excellent design and coding skills and a zeal for owning the complete SDLC of building applications in a DevOps environment; You are excited about working with Azure Data Platform; You possess a strong sense of software engineering craftsmanship, take pride in your code and you thrive in collaborative agile teams and are ready to take on new and unexpected challenges while building the next wave of software engineering solutions, this may be right for you.
Specifically, you will:
- Be collaborating with and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in Microsoft Azure Data Platform
- Leading the craftsmanship, security, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bringing a passion to stay on top of current trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encouraging innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
- Assisting in the hiring of top engineering talent and maintaining our commitment to our values, culture, and passion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field or equivalent experience. Certifications strongly preferred.
- 8 – 10 years relevant experience.
- Very strong on database concepts, data modelling, stored procedures, complex query writing, performance optimization of SQL queries.
- Strong experience in
- T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lake Store
- Azure Data Lake Analytics (Preferred)
- Azure SQL DB
- Azure SQL DW
- Azure Analysis Services, DAX
- Azure Data Bricks with Python/Scala
- Pentaho, Jupyter (Python)
- HL7, FHIR standard
- Experience in building end to end secure solutions using Azure data analytics platform.
- Experience in building generic framework solution which can be reused for similar use cases.
- Experience in building Azure data analytics solutions with DevOps (CI/CD) approach.
- Experience in using TFS, Azure Repos.
- Experience in developing, maintaining, publishing, and supporting dashboards using Power BI.
- Strong experience in publishing dashboards to Power BI service, using Power BI gateways, Power BI Report Server & Power BI Embedded.
- Mentor peers to gain expertise on Azure data platform solutions skills.
We take care of our people
- Fully paid health care benefits
- Generous leave policies
- Substantial PTO and sick leave
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Support a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture which empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives and make a difference in the lives of who we serve
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Company teambuilding events
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Cohen Veterans Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cohen Veterans Network is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Cohen Veterans Network complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.
Cohen Veterans Network, Inc., policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to enter any of our shared office space with Point72. Should an offer of employment be made, your acceptance of that offer means that you will comply with this policy. You will be advised of your anticipated schedule to be in the Point72 office should we move forward with the offer. Please note that all visitors must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter any of Point72’s U.S. offices.
Cohen Veterans Network
TechnologyView all jobs at Cohen Veterans Network